Cabin Fever Survey: Concert You Would Love to Attend!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Tina Turner & The Rolling Stones!

Live! Together! On Stage!

How about the rest of you?

Real or imagined.

Alive or dead.

Anyone!

(LOL! I got the fever so bad, I spelled it "canin"!)

I would still love to see Billy Joel and Elton John!!

Been there. Done that. And I really DO have the T-shirt!!

WHich on MO? BJ and EJ or TT and the Stones???

The 30th Anniversery Concert Celebration for Bob Dylan.

On October 16, 1992, an impressive and eclectic group of artists gathered at Madison Square Garden in New York City for the purpose of celebrating the music of Bob Dylan on the occasion of his 30th anniversary of recording. Bringing together musical greats as far-flung as Johnny Cash and Eddie Vedder, The Clancy Brothers and Lou Reed, the four-hour show celebrated a truly remarkable lifetime of songs in front of a sold-out audience of over 18,000. Warmly dubbed the Bobfest by participant Neil Young, the show was broadcast around the world and featured a cast of musical notables performing carefully chosen and often surprising selections from the incomparable Dylan songbook. At evening's end, the man of honor himself appeared on stage and gracefully brought it all back home again

Billy Joel/Elton John

Black t-shirt, American flag background, and the heads of both superstars big as day.

ANYTHING BACK IN THE STATES!!!!!, you may have CABIN FEVER but i got COUNTRY FEVER, nothing beats being home back in the good Ole USA!!!!

I'd like to see a Monsters of Rock Concert....Van Halen, Aerosmith, ACDC, Kiss, Poison, and finally Whitesnake.

Have a Very Merry Christmas

Eric H.

Ohhh yeahhhh.....let me seee......

Bon Jovi headlining

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Jonny Lang

Kenny Wayne Shepherd

John Mayer

Encore would be a guitar slinging blues riot with Richie Sambora throwing down on a blues tune or two with tha' boys.

Back in the day I saw some of the greats, Dylan with The Band then again with The Rolling Thunder Review, Led Zepplin, George Harrison, Elton John (twice), Springsteen, The Dead (3 times), Ray Charles, BB King, and many others.

Who would I like to see that I've never seen?

#1 Jimi Hendrix

#1 Miles Davis

#1 Willie Nelson (still possible)

Also wish I could have seen Mohammad Ali fight in person.

Harpo

Vanhalen ACDC Aerosmith Toby Keith Dixie Chicks (Not..hahahahaha) Tim McGraw Shania Twain Terri Clark and Kenny Chesney.

T.S.

Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band! (again)

Meatloaf

Fleetwood Mac

Ladies and Gentlemen....from Los Angelas, California,...(opening rif of Road house Blues...)

"THE DOOOORS!"

(in their prime,....not in their decline!!) LOL

Saw EJ&BJ this fall...AWESOME!!!!

I would love to take care of some business and let it ride while rollin on down the highway to see........Bachman-Turner Overdrive!

Man do I feel old!

Tom

Bach/Janis Joplin/Randy Travis/Motzart/Grand Funk Railroad/Hendricks/Morrison/Muddy Waters....

And I will admit that my wife conned me into going to a Barry Manilow concert once...Bwhaaaaaaa...everybody ought to do it once!! Never saw so many older Jewish women in one place.

TOXIC

Led Zeppelin, Grand Funk(saw 'em 3 times before they went disco), Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Metallica.

What's wrong with this picture- I have a 24 year old daughter and a 19 year old Marine son and I'm 48 and listening to this music while they're listening to country(or what passes for country these days). I would dearly love to see George Jones in concert once though. The wife of a guy I work with is Nancy Jones' personal secretary. Man, what a sweet gig, they're always going places with the Joneses and hanging out when some of the top stars come around to visit George. Hutch

New Years from front row seats we will be watching the Devine Bette Midler. The next concert we want to see is C

One of the most fun shows I have been to was a small concert with BTO, the Guess Who, Dr. Hooks revival and one other band I don't recall. Not all the original members mind you, but still a really fun show!

Rich D

Tex - NOW you tell me! I just MOVED from Woodstock to Canton, if you had bought your Stratos before April you could have BEEN in Woodstock!!!! LOL

LOL!! We got a lot of OLD people here! LOL!!

Travis - I saw the Dixie Chicks here in St. Louis before they got famous at a little venue called "Off Braodway" that held maybe 300 people. This was when the third lady was someone else - I can't remember her name. That third lady was from St. Louis and the lady I was dating at the time had taught her music in high school - so we went to see them perform! Mercy! That must have been like 15 years ago! Maybe longer!

TOX - You crack me up!

Harpo - I would give anything to shake Ali's hand. I admire that man!

I dated a girl in Omaha that has now kinda made it to the big time...I guess Grammy nominated is bigtime. I just couldn't get into the music scene with her (and I moved). She was a jazz singer and her name is Karin Allison. Do a search on her. I helped her decide to change her name (Allison is her mothers maiden name) from Schnoover. Nothin like having a song sung TO YOU from the stage, especially throaty jazz...oooooh baby!!

TOXIC

Randy Travis and Alan Jackson. Then Mac and Mini as openers!

The Police.

Went to the Synchronicity tour in 1983 in Philly. Great show.

They broke up in their prime.

VH with Dave only if he can hit the notes.

SRV

The Eagles again, with Don Felder.

Iron Maiden as always.

Some of the best bands of the early '70's gave the best rock and roll shows!..Mountain, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Humble Pie, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heap.....Scott,the Stones are on my 'must see ' list on their next time around! Somehow I just never saw them live!

I'm with you Rich! I have every thing the Police put out! A lot of underground and U. K. releases, Stewart Copeland's stuff is great too!

GFR/BTO concerts were the shatz!! And a little Molly Hatchet on the side. I went and saw the Doobies the other night....good show!

TOXIC

Now I'm going back...

Cream (Eric,Jack & Ginger)always put on a good show in the late sixties (got to see em' 4 times) and the Oakland Coliseum had Chicago Transit Autority opening for Jimi Hendrix ('1969'), top notch concert, but the one I remember best was in the mid seventies they held "super" concerts that they called "A Day On The Green" #1,2,3 etc. at the Oakland Coliseum baseball stadium outdoors. I think it was #2 that had Journey headlining with Santana, Toto, Montrose, and The Tubes. Each group played for about 2 hours (started in the early afternoon and ended about 10PM) and Santana absolutely stole the show, Carlos had it all together then and his band could jam!!!

And if you can dig it, "You've Got To Funkafize!", go see TOWER OF POWER...no better sounding live band out there. They're so tight you'd think it was a studio recording...gotta' get up offa yo' seat!!!!!

So, I'd love to see Carlos and his old bunch get together with T.O.P. opening, but heck, Carlos could open for T.O.P., it wouldn't matter to me, I'd be there!

Tom

The Ozzie Nelson Band with Ozzy Osborne and Alice Cooper on vocals...

Supertramp, America, ahhhh the memories...

Boston.....Peter Frampton, Cool and the Gang, Guess Who, Hank Snow Sr.,CW McCall, Deep Purple, The Winter Brothers (Johnny & Edgar), Vivaldi....

TOXIC

Jimmy Buffett!!! life long parrothead here in sunny florida. been to his show every year since 82 . its just like bass fishing its a life style.

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band opening for Muddy Waters with Little Walter

Concerts I actually attended:

Simon & Garfunkel (3 times); Blood, Sweet & Tears; The Beatles! (Cincinnati in 1965.); John Denver; Dixie Chicks; Gordon Lightfoot; Peter, Paul & Mary; Professor Peter Schikele; Jean Pierre Rampal.....

Just a few that stick in my mind.....

Never have made it to see The Stones.....

I never saw the Doors either,..they were waaaayy before my time!! LOL...My first concert was in 1975,...saw 2 that year....Bob Segar & Todd Rundgren at the SilverDome...and David Bowie from the 8th row at Cobo Hall...That ROCKED!!!

Best concert I've ever seen?? EJ&BJ this past summer at the Palace....man are they good!!!

Close second...VanHalen and The Police,..Cobo Hall..1982

(David Lee Roth was HAMMMERED!!!!!...He kept forgetting the words to songs!! But the Police came out later and blew VH away!!! ...man they were good!!)

I've seen some dandy's though,..Fleetwood Mac, VH, Police, Segar, Bowie, Huey Lewis, Tom Petty, Frampton, Doobies, The Pretenders, DuranDuran, Blondie, Mellancamp, Aerosmith, Pablo Cruise, UB40, to name a few,....im sure there's more..

Awwww Mac, I thought I was the only one who had this album...

TOXIC
worldsaway.jpg

Any John Prine fans out there? That was one of the best live performances I ever saw.

Harpo

John Prine stuff is great! In Spite of Ourselves always cracks me up. A little beer joint near Gibbons Creek, (Anderson, TX) has one of his CD's on their jukebox. It's a lot of fun to stop there, and play it.

I also enjoy Joe Ely. Keep trying to see him in concert.

Joe Ely and Barbra Streisand. That's the concert I want.

Rainy

Mac -

You ever here Neal Diamond do "Red, Red Wine" with a reagge beat in tribute to UB40's recording of it? Better than the original!

me!

I'd give anything to see Queen with Freddie Mercury back at the mic. Saw them at least 10 times, and always got more than my money's worth. Absolutely the best live shows ever.

Craig

It would have to be Led Zeppalin ,And Deep Purple doing river deep mountain high and, and Smoke on the Water!

Or just Pink Floyd.

How about Buddy Holly & The Crickets? Now that's a concert I would pay today's prices for.

Harpo

I thought I was the only one here who listened to Buddy Holly!

Made a copy of his greatest hits just yesterday for my mother!

You see the movie, Harpo?

I thought everybody loved Buddy Holly. He was the Mozart of Rock & Roll. Just listen to rhythm of Peggy Sue and tell me he wasn't years ahead of his time. And oh yeah, the movie is one of my favorites. Back in the early 70's Gary Busey did a local late night TV show with Gaylord Sartain (who played Big Bopper)that was halarious.

Harpo

"I'm gonna love you,too" could have been recorded during the British Invasion!

Ever hear The Stones do "Not Fade Away"?

Yeah, Buddy influenced a great number of artists. It's hard to turn on the radio today and not hear a Buddy Holly influence. Wonder what he would have done IF....?

Harpo

Toxic,....I saw them (PC) when "A place in the Sun" was new...man their piano player was as good as EJ!! Corey somethin' or other...,can't remember his last name,...but I saw them at a small auditorium in Ann Arbor in '78 or '79!!

They played for 3 hours!! I was in the 10th row or so...a GREAT show!!

And who could forget Ted Nugent swinging on a rope out over the crowd!

Back