Bum deal!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well the FLW director got in touch with us yesterday. As it turns out, I will NOT get to drive the 21 footer with a 225 on it. We will use our boats, and get all expenses paid plus our fees. I was looking forward to driving that rig. We will also only be on the water with the press for about 4 hours a day. The rest of the day is mine. So Tom, we can probably do something one of those days. Hope I get press status at the weigh in. Mac, if you talk to Zell or any of those guys, tell them, there is no Hooters here, (it closed) but we can hit the Naked Turtle, it's just as good. Man to be able to spend a couple of hours with those guys, and pick their brains would be awesome. Have a good weekend all. I'm guiding this weekend, so I probably won't be back until Monday.

Rob

that sucks Rob! . yeah we can get together any time during the week you know you're more than welcome. by the way what's this naked turtle sounds interesting ? you know hat you don't have to twist my arm too much to have a few beers maybe after Thursday's weigh-in ?

Sounds good to me. I'll try to get a cell too, so after I'm done with the press each day, we can meet somewhere and go fish or observe. I'm guiding tomorrow so I'll let you know how the bite is.

Rob

Rob...that's great news!! Now you'll be able to spend all that time in the Nitro...Why would you want to fish in a big ole Ranger anyways!?

I'll probable try to make it down there for the Sat weigh-in...would love to meet you guys...Can we arrange something

Absolutely Pierre. Look for my boat and truck in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I think Tom is heading out on Saturday, but we can get together. It will give us time to discuss the rally. Hey, tow that rocket of yours down here and we can hit the water. We can go in mine though, it will be easier than you towing. I have a Tracker TF1800, it's grey with red stripes and a silver cap. Has my name on the cap next to the console/seat. Truck is a late model Dakota, light blue with a dark blue fiberglass cap. Can't miss them. My outboard says "Kiss this" on the back of the cowling. Hey on a side note. By dingin up my prop last weekend, I found out at the repair shop that, it had been altered before and that's why I was only running 4900 rpm's. They will set it back at factory specs when they repair it and I will pick up rpm and speed. Might top 60mph after all with that prop. Hate to think of what that means for my already SCARY gas consumption.

Rob what prop do you use to hit 60?

I have an 1800tf w/ a 150 johnson (1995)faststrike

the prop is 4.25 below the pad (little low)or 1" high off the transom.

I hit 58 mph on gps at 5400rpm with a 23" omc renagade 4blade ss. the speedometer says 65mph. theoretical max speed wit a 23 should be 64.4 mph. your setting would help me maximize my rig.

David,

I am using a 3 blade Raker, 14 1/2, 24 pitch. It is being recupped as we speak. However, I cannot get above 5000 on RPM's without blowing out. Have to check my motor setting. Prop shop says, we can get me to 5200 rpm's and 60mph, that is alone though. With 2 in the boat and a full tank of gas, 57 mph is about tops. I am considering trying a Turbo prop. Let you know.

per todd at bassboatcentral.com

I ran my setup past him and he said it looks good

The only thing I could do to get more speed would be to raise the prop but 62mph is the max i can expect.

The 24 sounds to big for a 150hp.

the shop is right about 60mph but they are calculating theoretical max speed. expect 2-6 mph less than TMS

If I raise my motor 1 or2 inch I might hit 62 (real speed)

a 23P should run 200-300 rpm higher than a 24p with that motor

Latest posts

Back