Bronze snap-in carpet Nitro 288 Sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Wells

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Nitro 288 Sport that is missing the rear snap-in carpet section (the piece in front of the rear bench seat) part number is: Tracker 103338 Nitro 288 Sport Bronze Boat Snap In Carpet. I only need the rear piece but would be willing to purchase the 3-piece section if the price is reasonable. Since the Nitro 288 Sport model is no longer in production you would think Tracker would be reducing the cost to unload the excess inventory. Does anyone have any suggestions on this matter?

Thanks,

Kevin

Well, there is probably no invenotry as that would be made from a pattern by the folks who build the carpet kits for Nitro. A lot of places especially canvas and boat restoration places can make carpet kits, if they have a hard time matching it up you could always buy the carpet by the sq/ft from Nitro and have edges seamed, holes cut, and snaps put in by those same folks. Looks like the price is around 180.00-190.00 for the carpet kit which is inline with most carpet kits, looks like it will cost about 12 sq/yd to order just carpet. You might figure up what you will need and shop around for a seamstress.

Below is a link to the greatlakesskipper website. They have the carpet set in stock. One interesting note on the page is that the carpet is manufactured by Matworks. If all else fails, you may be able to "bypass the middleman" and contact Matworks (http://www.matworks.com/) and see if they can sell you the piece you need. Looking at their website, they have a "design a mat" option. If they can't sell you the piece you need, they may be able to sell you the color carpet you need and you could take it to an auto upholstery shop and get them to cut it to shape and size, put edging on it, and put the snaps on it where they go.
http://greatlakesskipper.com/produc...cker-103338-nitro-288-sport-bronze-boat-snap-

Petty, Scott,

Thanks so much for the input. I just placed an order thru my local Tracker Marine dealership. They gave me a much better price this time around. Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.

Latest posts

Back