Bob B.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris F.

Reaction score
Thanks Bob I got the impeller kit today. What would guess is the install time for a first timer? 2003 200 EFI. Thanks, Chris F.

Bob.

I am trying to remove the lower unit to start the impeller change. I removed the bolt under the zinc anode and on the nut on the front end of the lower unit. I loosened the other two nuts on either side near the front of the lower unit. I was expecting the lower unit to move enough to finish taking off the other two nuts. It is still very tight. I pushed on it and even used a rubber mallet but it remains tight. What am i missing? Chris F.:unsure: 2003 200EFI.

There are six fasteners. One in the front, front two side by side, rear two side by side, and the bolt under the anode. There are also two locating dowels at either end. If the case has not been off in awhile, "tap" lightly at the rear, then again on the front stud. You can use more force on the stud itself than the alum case. Alternate. It should come loose......when it does...be careful, as it will fall. ;)

Thanks, I feel kind of dumb. I found them and I have the lower unit removed. I think that's enough for tonight. Chris F.:lol:

Latest posts

Back