Bob B,.......I'm a happy camper again!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Bob,...just an FYI. After 7 weeks of boatlessness, I'm back in the saddle again!! ;)

The problem with my motor WAS the ECM,...there was an internal electrical problem that caused the #2 injectors to drop off intermittenly. My mechanic was able to send the box down to Alabama for repair, and when it came back the first time, it wasn't fixed right. He sent it back down again, (along with a nasty phone call and a few emails,..LOL)....and it was fixed correctly and shipped back via over-night airfreight the 2nd time and it was perfect! I got it back this past Friday just in time for the holiday weekend. He also replaced all of the fuel lines to the new alcohol resistent stuff,...changed the filters and fuel pump diaphram and basically went over the motor with a fine tooth comb, while he waited for the ECU to come back. He told me it's an excellent motor and it's going to treat me well for a long time!! Doug is the bomb,...he's an AWESOME mechanic..the "Bob B. of Michigan!" :rolleyes::wub: He was a little p-o'd that my ECU wasn't done right the 1st time, so he really went above and beyond to make me happy,..so he did a lot of checks and tweeks on things that he never charged me for..all while waiting for the ECU to get fixed. (Plus,..he only charged me "his cost" for the ECU repair since I had him do all the fuel lines and filter's etc..etc. too. The repair for the box alone was $700 vs. $1800 for a NEW one!! :blink: ) It's good to have friends in the repair business!! LOL Anyway,..next year he recommended that I get the throttle box and steering cables replaced, and then I will be golden!! I have the series II throttle box (lot's of plastic internal parts) that Doug wants to take off and put the new Series III box on instead....much more robust! I don't want to go to the expense of hydraulic steering, but I will have him exchange the current rack and pinion steering cables with the anti-feedback system. All next spring of course........now I just need 2 new trolling motor batteries and I'm ready to whack some fall toadage!! Just wanted to give you a heads up and say THANKS again for all your help and advice on this board....you are the MAN!!;)

Regards,

Mac

Glad it's worked out and you are "back-in-the-saddle!" and......you are welcome!!!

Latest posts

Back