Boatless Bank Trash

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Well, it looks like I sold the old cruiser. Guy came to look at it last night and I deliver her to her new home in Orlando Saturday. Went over it stem to stern but could not do the water test because there was a 15-20 knot wind and the river was rockin and rollin. I had no problem taking him out in that water and actually it would have been perfect to show him how she handles the rough stuff but the tide was going out and with 1 foot of water in my approach to the lift it would have been interesting to say the least. I'm sure I would have set her on the bottom a couple of times :eek: Soooo, I am gonna pull her down to Mousetown and meet up with him on a lake to do the water test. Then he'll hook her up and take her away. I am going to be Boatless Bank Trash (just like Mac:lol: ). Anybody wanna lay odds on how long it lasts?:p They say the 2 happiest days in boat ownership are the day you buy it and the day you sell it but I sure don't feel good about letting her go. Like Trep, I've got a lot of memories in that boat and it has been all over the country. I've hooked up with a lot of fishermen here and will still be on the water a lot but I'll just be in the backseat. I made my mind up that the rig was not going to go back to Virginia with me. The boat market is better down here and to be truthful, it is just time for me to get in a newer rig. I put her on 2 websites, here and one I visit here in Florida and I had a line waiting to look at her. The first guy who looked took her. I will keep the truck (which just rolled 100k). I've got some irons in the fire but I am in no hurry right now. I'll know when the right deal presents itself. The buyer is a young guy getting into local tournaments and this is his first bassboat...I hope she takes care of him the same way she has me. Never once in 10 years ever left me stranded on the water. Never once in 10 years failed to start (even in the winter), handled some of the roughest water I ever want to drive in and most of all caught a lot of fish and made me some money. I really do hate to see her go but it is time.........time for a bright shiny new rig :lol::lol::lol:

TOXIC

Nice work Tox. The Pheonix store had a deal on a 2010 Z-9 CDC, Fully wrapped w/250XS for $35k....

Congratulations! As you said, now you can turn your sites to the new one to use!

I can just see you and Trep standing on the Bank with your cane poles and bobbers - that's what those bank trash anglers use these days. . . .

;)

Tex

I'm also without a boat. I sold it after I had my prostate cancer surgery about 5 years ago. I was spending way to much time on the water. I now have my first grand daughter and am enjoying her every day. May be one day when I retire I will get another boat. Now I'm just enjoying life and family. I also have friends that invite me fishing and I eagerly pay for all the expenses. I still enjoy this site.

Barry from La.:)

Congrats on the sale, hope you're off the bank soon. :) That was a great boat to fish out of. I even found some Mojo in the back of it when I fished with you on lake Anna

You're always welcome in my boat. ;)

Gene

Congrats, I think...

If you find yourself in WI and have not bought a new one by then I'll gladly do my part to keep you off the bank!

Good to hear about the sale! If you'd stay put when I'm making a FL run you'd be welcome in my rig when it's in your back yard. :lol: Any time you get here or I get there while you're there, we'll fish. Good luck shopping! ;)

Tox...those memories will never fade and there is always some excitement in looking at the future...that was a great deal and if I was 10 years younger it would have been in my driveway but I have a boat that suites my needs at my age and time in life...keep us updated on your adventures on both sites, I know the folks over there like hearing from you and what you contribute....I'll be hitting Orange Lake all next week and if you ever want to go there give me a shout...

Mike

If you ever get to Pa. you are welcome in my boat. Just leave the skirt at home! It will clash with my red matalflake!!!

Thanks for the offers guys, that is what this site is all about, even though it is bittersweet. I was putting together a list of the people from this site that I have fished with and I was truly amazed at how many names were on that list. Incredible. My wife still cannot believe I sold it, she knows that hitting the water at sunrise, cruising on a deserted glass smooth lake in the fog/mist, pulling into your favorite cove and throwing a buzzbait for monster topwater hits, is one of life's little pleasures for me. Being on the water re-charges my batteries and allows me to cope with the not-so-popular job I do during the week. It's my version of Yoga. That's why I say with confidence that it won't be long before I wrap my @ss in fiberglass:lol::lol:. I have deals brewing all over.

until then....I'm definitely gonna take some of you up on the backseat offers.:cool:

TOXIC

Bankfishin' in Florida? Won't the gators get cha? Your welcome in my boat if you want to chase smallies on the upper Potomac when you come back this way. It ain't big, but you won't get your feet wet!

Scott

Tox,

Someone got a nice rig for sure. I appreciated the time we got together on Anna compliments of Bill a few years back. The 929 is definitely a nice platform for fishing. If you find yourself stranded near Champlain, look me up.

Darn, I never did get a ride in that boat:( I guess the pretty new one with lots of sparkles will just have to do:wub:

Uncle Billy

Well, good deal Hammer, good deal indeed.

I still remember David curled under your dash that time we went out and he was bored/asleep!!!

Congrats and condolences Tox....and best wishes on your search for the new ride.

And if you ever get up this way, I've got an open seat for you.

Well, delivered the rig to it's new owner yesterday. Fished the Harris chain for a while as well. And now the search begins. I'm sure it will consume me:lol:Until then I have established a good network here and will be riding backseat and even doing some T's. My next buy might be pretty important because it might just be the rig I take into retirement with me. I guareeenteee this one will have everything I want on it...bar none. Until then, I have to get the truck back in shape. Just turned 100k so I need all new belts, hoses and plugs. Still have to get the HVAC fixed as well. The Lexus is going to a concourse grade restorer for some minor bodywork. Most importantly, I have to concentrate on getting home for good. This has been a real test here in Florida. My wife has been a real trooper throughout all of this. Time for me to go home!!

TOXIC

Well, I say goodriddance....LOL All you used it for around me was as a big water-gun... Old friend as you know you are always welcome in my boat... Seriously, that was/is a great boat. You have a high standard to meet to replace it... But, the fun will be in finding and gettiung that new rig. See you when we can... Vacationing is Wisconsin?

You can fish from my bank anytime you want big boy:wub:. Just don't wear your Optimus Prime helmet or your plaid skirt. I like you better in your a-line skirt better. The plaid doesn't go well with your eyes,beard and odor LOL.

Latest posts

Back