Boat to Trailer system

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't feel pressing the release lever is much different then unhooking strap. Altho, loading may be nice, when it auto clamps.

I'd much rather have it have a removeable tether that can be quickly pulled off the mount, so once released you can just grab the rope and pull to dock.

Right now i stick the rope in my rear door handle(crew cab) and jump out and grab it. Works pretty good.

I have these in the rear bed pockets and use a clip to hold the rope to the truck for launching the boat and it works great. But putting the boat on the trailer is a PITA.
Screenshot_20230318-144214.png
Screenshot_20230318-144214.png

Yes, but to keep it on the trailer I have to leave it in gear and clip the strap on the bow ring. I tried not backing the trailer in so deep but with how cheap the wench plate is built I'm afraid it will break. I have a brace ordered for it but it is not here yet.

Not sure. That brace should work nice.

Had loading my old z7 single axle down pat, just picked up a new z19 tandem, so im sure there will be a learning curve to find that sweet spot. 🤪

I have a 1995 Nitro 190DC. Tried the Ramp N' Clamp. Couldn't get it to work for me no matter how I adjusted the setup. Switched to the Catch and Release by Drotto and it works like a dream for loading the boat. For unloading the boat, I use my MinnKota Ulterra. I back it off the ramp, deploy the motor and steer it to the dock, then use the Talons to anchor it in place while I part the truck/trailer. No problems.

I have a 1995 Nitro 190DC. Tried the Ramp N' Clamp. Couldn't get it to work for me no matter how I adjusted the setup. Switched to the Catch and Release by Drotto and it works like a dream for loading the boat. For unloading the boat, I use my MinnKota Ulterra. I back it off the ramp, deploy the motor and steer it to the dock, then use the Talons to anchor it in place while I part the truck/trailer. No problems.
Thanks for the heads up on the boat2trailer. Will look into the one you have. Just doing it by yourself is a real pain.

As long as your batteries are good in the remote. LoL

Funny! Actually, I float the boat from the trailer and deploy the Ulterra from my truck. Tip: The night before each trip to a lake, I verify that my remotes are fully charged and that each piece of equipment functions properly, including all electronics. I also have USB chargers installed in the boat, should the remotes run down. After a day's fishing, I make sure that all remotes as well as all of the batteries I have onboard are plugged in and charging. I've learned the hard way (enough said on that).

The only discount that I am aware of is for free shipping, if ordering online (B2TONLINE).

Well I did it, got the Drotto system. Installed it Saturday and everything worked well. I only was able to load the boat as I had the dock blocked putting the system on the trailer. But it worked great so far.
PXL_20230409_175940282.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230409_175924374.jpg
    PXL_20230409_175924374.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back