Boat Speed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dynamofishing

Reaction score
hello I bought a 97 700 LX fixer upper I have gotten to the point where it is water ready it has a tracker 120 motor and an aluminum 23p prop does anyone know what I should expect in the way of top end MPH thanks Mike
IMG_3123[1003].JPG

hello I bought a 97 700 LX fixer upper I have gotten to the point where it is water ready it has a tracker 120 motor and an aluminum 23p prop does anyone know what I should expect in the way of top end MPH thanks MikeView attachment 757

Find out what your max rpms are for that motor. A do a wot run. And compare. Then work on prop size to get the best setup. As for as speed. It can vary greatly, between the same boat and motor. Because of load. Motor placement and climate just to name a few.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Find out what your max rpms are for that motor. A do a wot run. And compare. Then work on prop size to get the best setup. As for as speed. It can vary greatly, between the same boat and motor. Because of load. Motor placement and climate just to name a few.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ok I think max rpm for that motor is 5500 WOT I am about at 5200 I tried a 21p prop with no change in top end but the rpm spiked to 6000 so I had to back down and of course this caused the boat to run slower now with the 23 p I am at about 44MPH was just wondering if that is normal I guess I was expecting around 48-50

The 115 hp mostly run 21p so your 120 is in a odd spot. You could run the 21p with enough cup and rake put a the prop to get the rpms down. And have it pitched to a 22p. Either way it looks like you have to do prop work. The 23 is to much of a lug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was on the water today with a borrowed 24p laser II stainless it was a bit doggy out of the hole but the top end was 48 I was pretty happy with that and thanks for commenting

Latest posts

Back