Boat settin down

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Windham

Reaction score
I have an 08' Z6 115 Opti Max, Boat was doing pretty good except ocasionally while on plane the motor would just stall out as if it ran out of fuel. Took it to BPS a month ago for a 100 hour service. They also replace fuel lines, I added hydraulic steering too(SWEET). Now the last couple trips out after on plane running for 5 minutes I make a 90 degree turn to the left to run down river. Come back at WOT on plane a minute or two later she sets down on me again(like out of gas) Then she'll poweer back out of the hole. And not do it again all day. Any ideas

my 90 hp. mercury did the same exact thing, i needed all new fuel lines, fuel ball, fuel filter,and 2 carbs cleaned 1 carb rebuilt. my local certified merc tech said it was from ethanol in the fuel. he actually kept the fuel lines and showed me how they had deteriorated to the point that the material inside the fuel lines was breaking down and being sucked into the system. He told me he is seeing this more and more and to make sure everytime I fill up to use some sort of ethanol stabilizer.

Your situation sounds alot like mine except mine got to the point where it would only tach up if it wasnt under a load as soon as you trimmed down and put it in gear it wouldnt get out of its own way.

check into it and let me know

BPP did replace my fuel line and bulb. I'll call them Monday and see what they say. Ocassionally at trolling speed I get a single beep. I believe this is a low temp. warning. I don't think its related.

my motor manual says Function-engine running cold at low speed Sound -1 beep Description-engine is not reaching correct temperature while operating below 1000rpm. Have your dealer check the engine.

I guess mine is different

Are you using non-ethanol fuel? I had that problem with an Evinrude. Replaced the fuel lines, cleaned the fuel tank, changed the fuel filter, and changed the water separator filter--and Bob's your uncle. Fuel filter had little fragments from the fuel tank in there.

I had the very same problem with a Mercury 30 four stroke and it ended up being the oil pressure sensor.

Also check the cannon plug (where the main harness connects under the cowling)

Its Ethanol gas most everywhere here. I dropped it off at BPS today. I'll forward ya'lls suggestions on. Its wierd it only does it once on my first run in the morning. Three weekends in a row

Good luck Jeff but like I said mine did the exact same thing, it would start up fine and then run for a little bit and the alarm would go off. I would shut it down and check the prop, start it back up and it would run all day. They told me it was a faulty oil pressure sensor.

Latest posts

Back