Boat rpm’s

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikepirtle25

Reaction score
I have a 2005 nitro 185 sport with a 115 mercury motor. It is a 2 cycle with what’s called a 2+2 cylinder. I have had it worked on but still can’t get it past 4000 rpm’s. Guy working on it thinks maybe I might have water in the boat foam? This doesn’t make sense. I have had it covered. Any one have trouble with this motor or boat?
Thanks, Mike

How fast are you going at 4000 rpm? Tachs f’d up if your ripping across the lake. Don’t know your boat. Water can get trapped in the boat (that would be crap load to bog down the boat) but not in the foam.

Thank you for your answer, my guy working on it took it out. Never told me how fast it was going. Before I took it in and had problems I was around 33 to 34 mph. I was only getting it to 1800 rpm’s before I took it in to him. Really shocked me when he said he thought maybe the boat was heavy and I might have water in the foam? I will use my Garmin to check the speed when I take it out and see if I feel the difference.
Thanks,
Mike

Latest posts

Back