boat quality

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Scherer

Reaction score
A friend of mine is thinking of buying a Tracker Crappie 175 aluminum boat. I would like to have some input on the quality of this boat from some members of this Nitro web site. Any help would be appreciated. I have a Nitro 700 LX and have had some quality problems.

Bill - Let me be the first (and I think I was the first on this site with that boat) to say, can't go wrong. The Pro Crappie has only been out since the 2000 model year, though the hull is the same as the Pro Team 175 which I believe came out in 1998. I've had mine since January last year and have not had one major quality issue. A few minor defects ( my then new '96 Nissan Maxima had more) such as a drain tube routed wrong (all 2000 models had this problem on the rear livewell under the passenger seat, Mike L.'s boat actually burst the line when the water it held froze, but his dealer fixed it right up) I believe they fixed that in the 2001 (all new livewell/baitwell plumbing from what I could tell). I've run the boat (with the 40 merc) in shallow rivers, medium lakes and the big LAKE around here Lake Lanier (in Sunday afternoon traffic once). It has held up like a champ. I've got a few dings in the prop for hitting a concrete ramp and a rock or two, and a couple of small dings in the hull (centerline front part) from beaching too hard in a rocky river, with no leakes. Fires up on the first crank and runs like a dream. Great for family, fishing, tubing, crusing and fits in my garage (and budget LOL).

Funny, with all of the previous posts about specific quality problems that individuals have had, I do not remember anyone having a '98 or newer 175 (crappie or pro team) having any, could be wrong.

There are a couple of other Crappie owners (Mike L, Rob Lara to name 2) that can chime in.

Rich - Still would like to see a search in members by boat type if you get bored one night :)

Any other specifics ask away either post it or e-mail me - TrepMan

Hey Bill,

I'm the General Mgr. of Tracker at Bass Pro Shops in Michigan.

I happen to have 2--2000 model year Pro Crappie's in stock that I can sell REAL cheap.

Have your friend e-mail or call me at 248-209-4179

if he's interested.

How do you like your 700???

Bill.....as Trep said....good boat and value for the bucks! Don't let the words 'crappie pro' fool you! Countless bass and pike have come over the sides since its purchase last spring!!

Latest posts

Back