Boat Ladders

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Daniel

Reaction score
I've decided to mount a ladder on my boat. My wife and kids will really appreciate it and it will be safer for winter fishing just in case anyone ever fell in. My problem is that the ladder in the BPS catalog says it's for up to a 12 degree

transom. On my 91' 180TF the area where I have to mount mine is more like 45 degrees. Does anyone have a good suggestion?

Thanks.

Frank

Rick, there's not much ice in East Tennessee LOL, and when we do have some, it doesn't last long. We fish from a boat all winter. If you fall out of the boat with a lot of clothes on it's nearly impossible to get back into the boat. People have died that way.

I have one of the folding ladders and I hate it. It doesn't work well and it's always in the way.

Frank

Frank -

When I bought my 180, I had them install one of the "Nitro" ladders on the transom. It looked good, was out of the way and never did leak through the holes........

However, it was extremely difficult to climb and get back on to the boat because there was no hand-hold at the top.

I'd suggest that, whatever you get, keep this in mind.

me!

Latest posts

Back