Boat is stored for the winter

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I do hate to say those words. Winterized and locked up under a dry roof. This year started late and ended early for me. Time to more on to my Fall activities getting ready for the gymnastic season and getting the boyz out to hunt the non existent upland game. They don't seem to care as long as they 'get to go. " They beat each other up to see who gets their training collar on first.(I don't even turn them on).
For the first time since getting out of the Navy I have not wet a line in my native state of Iowa. It's been that bad here. South Dakota is my new adopted fishing state. The irony is I have a lifetime disabled veteran fishing and hunting license in Iowa. Cruel joke huh? I envy those of you who can fish all year round. Of course there's ice fishing(brrrrrrrr!!)
Ok now the count down till spring.
fatrap

Oh well, its kinda cold, doesn't get REAL cold for another month or so. Meanwhile I've got a LOT of boat projects to do in the next 2 months. Doing a facelift on the pontoon boat, rewiring, taking off old LED's and putting on new ones, redoing the fence panel and getting the rails powder coated. Bassboat is getting a power pole, 25 Watt VHF and antenna, new bimini top and getting handicap rails powder coated. Once the pontoon gets done, it goes to Alabama for its new berth ready for fishing late Feb and early March. Bassboat will again travel south to Louisiana late April / early May and probably fishing around here late Jan early Feb for some slabs. So I might button it up for a month or two. I would love to try some ice fishing, but spent all my bucks fishing Louisiana and I got an open invitation in Minnesota to fish from an ice house. So maybe I'll try next year.

I fish year round as well, but relocate to warmer climates where the big girls like to hang. :cool::D

Thursday was the worst day of the year for me. Sent the PT185 off to a friends shed for the winter. The rig hadn't seen the exterior of my garage since early July! Very sad year for seat time for me. On the plus side, got a new business in the works. If anyone knows any jewelry store owners or are in need do any gemstones to placate your wives after buying too much gear, let me know. Crazy cool the way some things come about.

Latest posts

Back