1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Boat Insurance - Any Recommendations?

Thread in 'Boat Chat' started by BigJohn, Mar 4, 2019.

1. BigJohn

BigJohn New Member

Just ordered a 2019 Pro Guide V-16 SC and upgraded to the 90 horse Merc. Needing to get it insured. If anyone has any recommendations on good companies to go with I'd greatly appreciate it. Getting quotes from my current home and auto insurance company today. Just looking at all options. Thanks in advance y'all.

2. Larry Williams

Larry Williams Well-Known Member

You will likely find that what you are doing will work best. You should get a little better rate with a company affiliated with your other insurances.

Just an FYI on your new engine warranty. Be sure you notice that the Mercury Gold plan warranty, normally sold in new boat deals, does not cover electrical components. The Platinum warranty DOES cover electrical components. Once you are on the backside of the new boat/engine warranty you may want to consider paying the cost to move to the Platinum coverage with Mercury. During the first year, on my 2017 Mercury 150, the alternator failed and had to be replaced. It was covered under the new purchase warranty but that occurance prompted me to go back and upgrade so that I could extend coverage on all components out to 5 years.