Boat cover question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Maisch

Reaction score
Hey there. I was wondering if someone had any ideas for how I can stop water from pooling on top of my boat cover. I have a nitro 750 sc. After a good rain there so much weight on there it seems like its gonna break the windshield or the windshield is going to rip the cover. The cover is on as tight as I can get it. I'm not sure what brand it is. It came with the boat. It covers the boat and the engine. Is there a better cover for my boat.

My cover had an aluminum pole that poked up thru center of cover, and that helped quite alot, but not totally.

Important thing is to ensure no low spots where water can pool. Even with a factory made custom fit cover, you can get low spots. Best option is to prop those up from underneath with something that will raise the cover without putting undue stress on that spot. I've found 2" PVC cut to size with a rounded end cap can help. Cheap solution and easier than the custom poles you find online (which can also cost quite a bit more).

The other thing is do your seats fold down if so keep them up it creates high spots and tightens the cover works for mine

I have the nitro cover that came with my 640, I believe it is a "trailer cover". It doesn't snap on.

I use two 1" dowels cut to fit ( about 18" long ) in the front and rear seat mounting holes. These fit into a 2 1/4" PVC plumbing pipe that runs the length of the boat. This effectively turns the cover into a "pup tent" shape. Attached to the straps, I use standard size bricks on ropes cut to the correct length. With these weights attached with some of those cheap carabiner keyrings they are easy to remove and provide enough tension to keep the cover taught so no water pools.

Like you, before I did these I was afraid the weight of the water would crack the windsheild.

I hope this helps

Gary

My cover pools water above the rod locker. I went to the local steel supply, and bought 12' of 3/16" x 2" aluminum flat bar. I bent a hook on the end to fit around the lip of the rod locker lid, and then put various bends in it to support the cover, then turned it down to bear on the floor. Works great, easy to remove, doesn't rot, and doesn't stain your cover.

A couple of wal-mart beach balls, 1 on the front deck and one on the back deck should do fine.

You can deflate them and carry them with you easily too if ya want.

Latest posts

Back