Boat cover help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heath Patton

Reaction score
I am buying a 2009 nitro x4 but need a cover for it. I’ve read the covers from bass pro are garbage. So where do I find something that fits and good quality? Thanks

Also will have to be able to fit the electronics and trolling motor up front.

Attachments

• CDA1F4F0-472C-402B-9632-77BF9CE684C5.jpeg
    CDA1F4F0-472C-402B-9632-77BF9CE684C5.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Well my issue is when we are at our lake house and I leave it in the water and it starts storming. Need a way to keep it covered

When it comes to covers you usually get what you pay for. So buy the more expensive, heavier cover. Dowco is supplying White River Marine with their new boat covers and mine is excellent but expensive! Overtons used to sell some decent covers and some of them were supposed to fit like a factory cover. Other option is take the boat to the places that will make you a custom cover, but again not cheap. Just remember that not even the best cover will not hold up if not properly supported from underneath. Water will pool on the cover and destroy it. Good Luck

I’ve been really happy with my Dowco cover. It’s the racket cinch type, it’s three years old, been through 3 snowy winters, and cooking summer, and still holding up. I do have it supported from underneath and clear the snow off when it’s 6 inches or more. I would not tow with it nor anyones else’s. I have has custom covers on another boat with tons of padding made for towing and it still marked up the finish. The very best of covers are still only good for an average of 5 years when outside.

I have a 1999 700LX SC. I purchased a cover from Boat Covers & Bimini Tops for your Boat or Pontoon They are located in South Carolina. The cover was made to order from patterns they have on file. The color selection and quality for the money is very good. I would have no hesitation purchasing in the future when the need arises. Check them out online or give them a call. When they had a question for me, I got a phone call and their Customer Service was excellent.

I will take it for sure!! Worth a try. I really appreciate it!! Loving this forum already.

With all the gear you have on the bow I don't see how you would be satisfied with anything but a custom cover. Nor cheap, but well worth the protection it offers for all the add ons you have. I paid $1200 for mine 3 years ago and it is still performing like new.

Well it will be in my garage for the most part. But when at our place on the lake it will stay at the dock which is uncovered. So just need something to keep the water out when it rains. Hopefully Jboutfishings cover will do just that.

I am buying a 2009 nitro x4 but need a cover for it. I’ve read the covers from bass pro are garbage. So where do I find something that fits and good quality? Thanks
We just purchased a 2023 Targa that came with a cover. And I can tell you that cover is anything but garbage. Extremely well built. Only downside..........water resistant, not waterproof.
I like using the Pontoon covers. Especially Pyle. I have used these on both bass boats and pontoons. 21-24 ft will fit both an 18ft boat and engine. And they are waterproof.
We just recently moved from So. Fla. to western NC. Down South we would only get a couple of seasons out of each cover. Up here...we will see. You might need a some of the boat cover poles to make a tent shape so water runs off. And you are not going to trailer it. But BPS told me they would not trailer with the custom cover either so there it is.
I am using one now over the custom cover. But in a couple of weeks when the weather warms up the BPS cover goes to the cellar and the pontoon is it for in-between use.

I've seen the new Targa Covers and think their some of the best I've ever seen. That said, I don't think there are any that will stand up to traveling without eventually getting wear holes or tears unless you're talking slower speeds/backroads at <45mph. 65-70mph will slap tears in any cover if you give it long enough. I'm keeping my Premium Targa Cover for storage and buy a cheaper one for ravel that if I have to replace in a year or two, I won't be crying about the cost. Keeping them clean and spraying with silicone waterproofing spray like they use on tents goes a long way in keeping them clean and the threads from rotting.

Latest posts

Back