Boat Cover 2021 Z19 Sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONAOL

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a boat cover for a Z19 Sport that can use to cover this boat while doing highway driving? I could only order the mooring cover, but need to cover this boat when towing to lakes farther away. Most online covers are a general all a round multi boat cover and I don't see them fitting very well. Also has anyone used the mooring cover solar venting pole fans? My boat sees a lot of sun and trying to keep it cooler during the day when it's covered. Thanks

Try calling seal skin covers @ 800-915-0038 they don't list your boat online but maybe able to make one. They make decent covers with a warrantee made for trailering. Bought one for my 2005 188 sport and it fits very good with the trolling motor installed. Good Luck.

@Butch... the trolling motor blades don't cut the cover? I've looked at seal skin and that has kept me from ordering one.

I trailer my 2020 Z20 with supplied Nitro cover all over the place and it works fine. I ratchet it down tight even around the trolling motor prop and so far so good. I’m sure like anything else it will eventually rub through, but for now (at only 3 months old), it’s holding up well.

Try calling seal skin covers @ 800-915-0038 they don't list your boat online but maybe able to make one. They make decent covers with a warrantee made for trailering. Bought one for my 2005 188 sport and it fits very good with the trolling motor installed. Good Luck.
Thanks

I trailer my 2020 Z20 with supplied Nitro cover all over the place and it works fine. I ratchet it down tight even around the trolling motor prop and so far so good. I’m sure like anything else it will eventually rub through, but for now (at only 3 months old), it’s holding up well.
I cut pieces of a old boat cover, wrapped the trolling motor base and prop. Another piece on the boarding ladder to reduce the chances of the prop and ladder cutting thru. Because of the placement of the top venting holes I had to make extensions to prevent rain water from coming into the boat. Thanks

I bought the factory Nitro cover when I bought my Z19 Sport. It ratchets down tight and is trailerable.

I would be careful trailing with the factory cover especially at hwy speed, one trip with mine and I can see it on the paint job. Better off pulling with no cover. Unless you don't mind a scuffed up paint job. Me id rather clean out the dust or air dry it out if it gets wet.

I would not recommend Seal Skin covers at any cost. I bought one that was made for my boat and not only did it rip to shreds after only 200 miles on maiden trip, but it tore up my seats in the process. I bought the “trailerable” cover but it certainly was not. To add insult to injury, the company would not replace it or refund my money after telling me they would.
BB069846-618B-4432-A3EE-EFF1F15F0C07.jpeg
79C67858-2332-4A7C-A292-2CDBECB20EC2.jpeg744DFC51-73AE-486C-BE0A-4DA118653BCB.jpegF98AAF16-02E3-49F7-B37A-4449DC691BC0.jpeg28947F14-6693-4645-9808-BA8058B11B90.jpegBB069846-618B-4432-A3EE-EFF1F15F0C07.jpeg

Wow, I haven't had a problem. I do remove my prop from my trolling motor before covering though. I also haven't had a warranty claim? I guess I might need to watch mine closely

I found my factory Nitro cover (2017 Z18) disappointing. Hard to install, did not like ratchet system, milky chafing on gelcoat. Would not fit over the larger trolling motor i installed, so I put the motor on quick disconnect bracket so I could slide it back.

One buddy got a canvas cover at Fleet Farm and a box of bungy straps. Fits his single console Ranger well. He can install it fast and no chafing. I think the key is pulling down, not pulling around... -Just one man's opinion, some of you guys put on way more miles than I do, but my favorite fishing hole is 25 miles down a gravel road and I no longer cover my boat for the trip.

I would be careful trailing with the factory cover especially at hwy speed, one trip with mine and I can see it on the paint job. Better off pulling with no cover. Unless you don't mind a scuffed up paint job. Me id rather clean out the dust or air dry it out if it gets wet.
Thanks everyone for suggestions. Only cover boat when it's raining while I trailer. I keep off highways just don't want to fill the boat with dirt and mud grit that gets into areas I can't clean out. As the boat gets older I will relax a bit.

Wow, I haven't had a problem. I do remove my prop from my trolling motor before covering though. I also haven't had a warranty claim? I guess I might need to watch mine closely
Good idea taking trolling motor prop off. Will do this next longer trip. Thanks

Several months ago, I purchased a new trailer-able custom-made boat cover from Boat Covers Direct (Customer Support phone 1-866-626-8377 or email at [email protected]) for my deck boat (2007 Chaparral 234 Sunesta). The cover was made of very durable Sunbrella Dura material and once I figured out the placement of the straps, it went on easy and held up great on the highway. For my 24' deck boat it was a little on the costly side, but most likely would be cheaper for your boat. You may want to check with them on custom-made covers for your Nitro Z19 Sport. I am sure they have a cover that will work for that particular boat.

Several months ago, I purchased a new trailer-able custom-made boat cover from Boat Covers Direct (Customer Support phone 1-866-626-8377 or email at [email protected]) for my deck boat (2007 Chaparral 234 Sunesta). The cover was made of very durable Sunbrella Dura material and once I figured out the placement of the straps, it went on easy and held up great on the highway. For my 24' deck boat it was a little on the costly side, but most likely would be cheaper for your boat. You may want to check with them on custom-made covers for your Nitro Z19 Sport. I am sure they have a cover that will work for that particular boat.
Thanks. Will check it out.

Bought the factory cover with my 2021 Tracker Targa V19. Made by Dowco. Very heavy material, reinforced for the trolling motor, windshield, and all the corners. Trailered hundreds of miles no problem. It is the ratchet style with the self supporting rope system built in. Kind of pricey but still a great cover.

Bought the factory cover with my 2021 Tracker Targa V19. Made by Dowco. Very heavy material, reinforced for the trolling motor, windshield, and all the corners. Trailered hundreds of miles no problem. It is the ratchet style with the self supporting rope system built in. Kind of pricey but still a great cover.
That’s who made this cover. They reinforced the bow a little. No reinforcement on the stern corners . No water repellent at all. No openings to use for cleats when moored at a dock. Great looking cover but I feel they have cut some corners to save money. I do like the ratchet system, but not the vents . I had to modify them to keep rain water out of the boat.

Latest posts

Back