Boat Color

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark barton

Reaction score
Looking to get new boat and wondering if anyone has ever owned a black hulled boat. What are the pros and cons? Thanks

HOT, black reflects, BUT I wouldn't think your deck would be black (carpet or vinyl). So its just a personal preference and its all YOURS :cool: Me I love blue so that's the color of the carpet on the pontoon boat and the hull color of the bass boat (gray vinyl floor LOVE it). I'll never do carpet again.

I like deep forest green, but the carpet was light grey. I had one boat with dark carpet, could not go barefooted.

night2.jpg

My 2nd black boat. They are hot, they show every scratch, they are hard to keep clean, you have to be very pro active on your gel care. Pro's: They are to me the sharpest looking rig and you become almost invisible from a distance on the water and best of all it matches my truck!! :)

Cedar Run-20130427-00093.jpg

I've never had black, but I've had white and unless the price is right I won't do that again. The hull wasn't bad the inside showed every black mark from rod and reel handles and anything else that touched the fiberglass.

HP

Scott, I am actually looking at a Ranger that is black with cranberry and sliver accents.

I LOVE black for all my rides. Truck, car, motorcycle, etc. However like @AirForce said, they do get HOT! So hot my latest car I went with a dark charcoal gray - which is also easier to keep looking clean.

However for boats, I seem to go almost the opposite extreme on the color wheel. I'm drawn to whites, blues, reds, yellows, greens, etc.

Latest posts

Back