Boat building

• Thread starter Rich Stern [IMG]http://www.thebassreport.com/theba
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Some of you may remember that last winter I was threatening to build a small boat for pond fishing. That was the plan, but work got in the way. Well, I finally got going on it.

Here's a preview of my Flat Skiff 11. It's framed and ready for the messy stuff: Epoxy, fillets, and taping. The boat is 11 feet long, with a 4' beam. Finished, it's supposed to tip the scales at 95 lbs. Oars will be the primary motivator, but I plan to set it up for a small trolling motor as well.

Anybody want to come over and help sand? It's really fun! ;)

fl11preview.jpg

Now thats cool!!! Couldn't resist giving it a few names..... Tracker "Wood team 11" "Tournament Wood 11" "Pro Timber 11" Can't wait to see the Trailer!! LOL Gotta put at least a 225 on the back!! When finished will that be the single or dual console model? Good luck with the Project!!

I don't know whether that is your garage or basement....... If it's your garage; it's too gosh darn clean! If it's your basement; how are you gonna get the boat out?

You are a craftsman, Rich! That boat is mighty purty just as she stands!

me!

Looking great Rich. Good question from Scott how do you plan to lauch it? Will it fit in the back of the Sport Track or are you going the trailer route??

TrepMan

Sweet Rich! See if I tried to build something like that....well it would float 'cause it's made of wood, but that's about it! LOL I'm at home under the hood of my truck, but anything with plum lines, and mitre cuts, are out of my realm of knowledge. Would like to learn it someday though. Good luck Rich. You gonna bring up to Champlain next year? We could put Scott behind it with a pair of flippers instead of a TM, he doubles a bait! Keep us posted on your progess.

Lookin' Good! It looks like an enjoyable labor of love. A very good way to step out of the hectic world we live in. If I can be of any assistance, just say the word. Good luck buddy!

Thanks for the positive comments, guys. If you have an interest in building something like this, check out the link below. It is a plans site for this type of boat building. It's actually easy and inexpensive. The plans are $25, and materials will probably come in under $350, depending on how fancy I get with oarlocks, cleats and such.

That picture is my basement, and the boat will easily fit through a door when tilted on it's side. As far as launching, I will probably cartop it on the Sport Trac. I'm thinking of building a wheel or two into the transom to make it easy to roll down to the water from the car.

The project is a great escape from the crazy world outside. I highly recommend it if you need to get some stress out.

http://www.bateau.com

Rich,

Let me know if you need some Tracker or Nitro decals!!!!

Yeah Neeley, have they released the decals for the new .911 series? Hope you caught that.

Hey Rich,

That's a good lookn' boat. Between working, fishing, maintiaing multiple web pages and building your boat, when to you sleep?

I agree with Rob in that you should chistan her at the rally next year. You can smash a bottle of Corona on the bow.LOL

Marke

Rob -

You're asking an awful lot from am old man........ First you want to use me as bait....... And now you want me to be the trolling motor........ Bait is easy - just throw on the firetiger life vest and lay back an be pulled around the lake! But this trolling motor stuff....... I am NOT a strong swimmer! I think maybe I'll just stick to serving champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to the ladies on shore while you guys are out riding the Pro-Timber!

me!

(Whew! That got close to being edited....... I almost said "Rich's Woodie" - but I restrained myself!)

Latest posts

Back