Boat Accident

• Thread starter Larry Harp [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/58
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
Received this on e-mail yesterday. Insurance adjuster is still on oxygen.

Harpo

Boat Accident

This took place at Lake Texoma. The owner had a little too much to drink and after taking a turn too sharp, he and the other to occupants fell out while doing 80 mph. Without a kill switch the boat continued until it came to an abrupt stop. They all survived the accident with a few scrapes. The only down fall to this was the boat was only one week old and the owner hadn't even made his first payment on this $375,000.00 boat.

boat1.jpg

You know... a tin boat would have just bounced off that tree with only a little ding to bang out... hehe

HP higher than IQ's don't mix either:) Hope his Insurance doesn't cover it....got what he deserves.

TEE,...you're HP/IQ theory pretty much eliminates everybody on this board with the exception of Trepper and his mammoth 40HP!! LMAO!!!!

My thoughts exactly Mac. My 150hp Merc puts in the "HP higher than IQ" category too!!!

"Drive it like ya stole it!!" LOL!!!

Bob G.

I'll bet that squirrel **** his fuzzy little pants!!!

This is exactly why I never fish at Texoma. By mid-day the waves look like the North Sea.

Harpo

Good one Mac! Touche'

BTW...my neighbor has a 36 ft race boat with twin 454's that he runs at a local lake. Nobody can touch him:)

HP = IQ that's why my present boat only have a 115 on, think it's pretty much even now, the HP/IQ factor.

I always wondered why I had this urge to get a 300hp.

Harpo

Couldn't see the link if one was there.. Living on South River, off the Chesapeake Bay, I have a lot of friends with those racing boats and one good friend with one of the twin 454 motors. We had a SERIOUS arguement over kill switches. He insists he doesn't need one because his boat is big..

I said, "suppose you slip and get knocked out"? "never gonna happen" came the reply ***sigh***

Bill

Harpo-The biggest waves I have ever been in were at Hefner. There were 4 footers out there one day. The second largest were on Texoma. I fished the lake twice last September. The first time I was there We went out of Highport Marina on the Texas Side. I had a 20 mile run to get to where we were fishing. Going there was no problem. Wide open and smooth. Coming back was a different story...there was only a 5 to 10 mile per hour wind or so...maybe 15 every once in a while. The lake had 3 footers on it easy just from the boats running around.

If you go to highports website they have a couple of pictures of the lake on a WINDY day. I haven't been to the site in a long time. I don't know if they are still there or not

BJ

Lake of the Ozarks on the weekend. Cigarette racing boats driven by 18 year old rich boys. Dead calm day and I couldn't stand on the Dock at the Ozark Barb B Que.

fatrap

"That there is one of them new tree boats."

Hope the insurance company has a clause that says they don't pay if you wreck the boat while drunk.

Maybe it was just one of those balsa core "go fast" boats that just got homesick!

Don't let the tree huggers see this. That's "Arbor Assault" for sure!!

I saw this with another photo of the same boat in a BoatU.S. Insurance newsletter. They didn't say the owner was drinking and that is what caused the accident. They did say that he was going throttle wide open and deciding to head back home, spun the wheel too enthusiastically ejecting both himself and the passenger.

MadKayaker

There should still be a rule that says "if your not wearing your kill switch, we wont pay the claim"...

He could've killed a great number of people that day...

At least you have the guts to show the rest of us!!

Most of us have done things that we are not too proud of

while drinking.

Good luck, glad you're not hurt, and I'm sure you're a

lot wiser now.

Latest posts

Back