blade bait storage

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike chip

Reaction score
after a one year trail, I want your opinion on how to store a large quanity of blade baits, ie spinnerbaits and buzz baits and even jigs in open air and preferable hanging, and how would you store them, by size, blade color or all of the above?

mike c

I store mine in Falcon Spinner bait boxes by color and Size. Using these boxes it is easy to look at the blade config for each. I plan on getting cooks tackle system to place commonly used spinner baits under the storage lid. Soon as i get my boat i'll figure that out.

bmcd,

i have the cooks for my boat (realy i have 4 but whos counting) and im still working toxic to give his up. And i tried the boxes, and they seemed to hold mosture, even in my garage, i would like to hang the when not in use in my garage and would like to store them like the cooks, upside down to dry.

mike c

The cooks is the only way to go. I make most of what I use and I am able to hang a ton on the four lids I installed them on. I keep the components in a seperate box. It is just so easy, organized and never tangled.

My partner does it in his boat also.

Randy!

So, are you asking us to conduct a one-year trial and then tell you or can we just tell you based on our current experiences? Are you really interested in our experiences or do you just want to "sell" us on Cook's?

I keep my spinnerbaits in Plano [if my memory is correct] spinnerbait boxes. I have had no moisture problems and no tangle problems. I keep 3/8 oz in one box and 1/4 oz in another. Any more than two boxes of spinnerbaits and I think I'd just be showing off. I do arrange them by blade and color within the box. Jigs go in Plan or Plano-like storage boxes as well.

Cook's can't be the only way to go as two of us have already shown another way.

I don't use a Cooks system, or any other hanging style. I use a Falcon spinnerbait box, and it holds all I need. I use a TON of spinnerbaits, but if I have to go through more than what is in that box, then I am having a better day than most anyone on earth. I carry a "component" kit with me, and a spinnerbait / jig skirt box... just in case.... but it seldom ever needs to be used.

All the best,

Glenn

I keep mine in a BPS soft binder. The only thing I did was punch holes in the pages to allow evaporation of moisture. Very compact and seems to kep the baits oderly and secure.

I'm currently using the Falcon boxes but it's not a perfect marriage. I don't like the way one spinnerbait grabs the strands of the skirt of the bait next to it. And I can't say for sure but I think I've had more skirt keeper ring failures with the Falcon system too....could just be old spinnerbaits.:unsure: Since I can't seem to make peace with any spinnerbait storage system, I'm going to try one more...the Bill Dance box that holds 66 baits. It is a hanging system but with a keeper bar that goes across the holders and keeps the baits in. Problem is it won't fit in my tackle storage bin so I'll have to keep it with my soft plastics in the port side rod locker. I'm getting to where I only use 2 or 3 colors spinnerbaits anyway.

Not saying that Cook's is the only way to go bu the baits are hung to dry quickly and are easier to access (my opinion) and one less box to go through without tangles etc....

I seenother ways but prefer this one and if your way works for you then don't change!

Randy!

Randy,

I thought about it a few times, but I have a habit of throwing life jackets, coats, etc... into storage lockers, and I can just see a mess of spinnerbaits getting snagged by a life jacket or something like that. I still may eventually look into it.

All the best,

Glenn

thanks toxic,

thats the kinda idea i was looking for. and no i am not trying to sell cooks system, i have one and like it (but its in my boat! not my garage where i need to store my spares.)

(UNLESS toxic has a spare one to give me) ive tried the falcon and was not satisfied and it did not hold enough, the plastic boxes are okay, but some mosture was getting inside.

mike c

Looks to me like you could make the thing as long as you wanted and jus pound row after row on the wall or peg board. Necessity is the mother of invention.....who said that?

TOXIC

my wife, bless her heart spent the mornin organizing my spinnerbaits-buzzbaits and jigs while i was a work. I never had a chance to buy any j channel, but she can up with the idea to use a metal shelf that looks like its going to work(at least for a while) and i holds them all thought tight, and i can store small boxed on the shelf. she even broke them down buy color-type of blade and size. looks like she is defently a keeper.

mike c

Latest posts

Back