Bimini Top for Z19 Sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmasopust

Reaction score
My wife wants me to get a Bimini top for our boat. Looking for an aftermarket option since we didn't buy it as an option when purchasing the boat. Anyone have this specific model and feedback on good options?

You didn’t supply any boat model information. Factory Bimini tops usually fit better than aftermarket ones. My targa v19 top installs in the versatrack nicely and is very adjustable front to back. On a previous boat I purchased an aftermarket Bimini and installed myself. Just make sure you take some measurements first for width and length and possible mounting location. There are lots of options available for either a top mount or a 90 degree side mount. You will also find lots of choices for the height and length. I preferred the higher and longer top for headroom and cockpit coverage. The ones that they sell that attach at the windshield are a pain to keep ducking under and usually don’t extend very far for coverage toward the rear. Found my aftermarket one at Overtons. Hope this helps.

I have the 2021 Nitro Z19 Sport with the factory Bimini top. The factory top is well made. Its on the taller size. A plus for taller boaters standing up. A minus if your wife wants it for shade while riding down the lake. I don’t go over 30 mph with the top up because I feel any speed over 30mph would put too much stress on the frame work. Would have liked it if the Bimini top extended farther forward over the windshield for more shading while sitting in the dash seats. I think it was about $800. I did notice that Nitro is not making the Z19 Sport for 2023. When folded down it will cover the back hatches. I have trailered up to 70mph with the top down and covered with no adverse effects. I did wrap both outside ends of the cover with Velcro straps to cut down and prevent on any wind damage. I will look for pictures of my boat with the bimini top up and post them. Hope this helps.

8/22 my son took this shot with a drone.

Attachments

• 7B4C61BF-2C0F-44C7-B241-2C43E8E73456.jpeg
    7B4C61BF-2C0F-44C7-B241-2C43E8E73456.jpeg
    560.6 KB · Views: 0
Zoom in you may get a general idea of how it lays down along the back of the boat.

Attachments

• 582DF231-E0EB-4F80-8CEF-327FD9BFCD5B.jpeg
    582DF231-E0EB-4F80-8CEF-327FD9BFCD5B.jpeg
    962.2 KB · Views: 0
I have one on my Z-7. I ordered it from Carver and had them cut down some of the hight. It is the only way to get out on the lake during the summer! It works great for one person and I just put it up for travel if I have a friend along. I will travel at 35MPH but not any faster! My member pic at the left shows it! Best money spent!

Ebay... ocesnasouth brand. 73 to 78 " works like a champ. It travels well in the up closed position, but most of the time we keep the back supports loose and it lays down. Its identical to the ine we had... just not stained and black.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230318_150841_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230318_150841_eBay.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back