bilge

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can be at various spots in the bilge normally at the rear/lowest point. Follow your discharge tube/hose back.

I have a 200 882, my bilge is located under the white cover just to the rear of the gas tank in the floor.

I found the Bilge. Dead center under the gas tank. Batteries, on board charger and gas tank will have to come out to replace the bilge. Going to have to be a winter project!! Not one of Nitro's better ideas!!

Do you have room to add a bilge pump in a location you can access without removing the gas tank? Just leave the dead one there and install a new one.

Good Idea. My only issue is that the wires that run to the bilge don't extend out beyond the gas tank. I can get the bilge right to the edge of the tank but then the wiring won't allow the pump to move any farther. Might have to be a weekend project and just bite the bullet and disassemble everything, clean the compartment and replace it. I would rather be fishing:(

Wish I could. Someone with your model will chime in but I have never heard of having to pull the fuel cell to replace a pump.

I have a 882 pull out oil tank don't have to disconnect hoses just set it aside. There is an access panel with 4 screws. Bilge and livewell pumps under it.

I wish!! the aerator pumps are under the white access panel located in the center of back compartment, would be easy to replace. Bilge pump is 12 inches back under gas tank. What year is your 882?

Evidentially they modified their setup. I disconnected the bilge and was able to get it to the edge of the gas tank under both aerator hoses but something was restricting it from coming any further, I believe it was the 2 wires for the power source.

Jerry is there a way to get the wires past the gas tank. I can only hold my head upside down for a minute or so before I get dizzy. Did you have to disconnect both live well hoses? my connections were dabbed with silicone then tightened with clamp Any info to how you did it would be great.

my son is younger. surprising what youth can do. I believe he was 39 at time of repair. sounds like someone already did some repair. mine had no siliconenor did we use it in our repair

Progress!!! I got the pump out. I checked to see if it would turn on and no luck. Took pump off and connected straight to a battery and it turned right on. hooked it back up and used switch on panel and no go. wiring looks good, any suggestions?

Manuel says there is a fuse for the bilge any idea where that would be located? also from the area where the bilge was I found a black wire that is not connected to anything it is not one of the 2 wires I disconnected from the pump. I was wondering if it was some type of a ground or something.

Possibly a fuse panel next to or under the driver's console.

Latest posts

Back