Bilge pump

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassfisher

Reaction score
Hi I recently got 90 Nitro 185TF I am not sure if bilge pump is working? I turn it on hear nothing , guy told ne that it work as he left plug out once and it worked . I haven't had in water yet to see. Does anyone know where it is mounted? I am thinking under the batteries as I have piece of wood running across the bottom where my batteries are, can't see anywhere in the open.

Thanks

Hi I recently got 90 Nitro 185TF I am not sure if bilge pump is working? I turn it on hear nothing , guy told ne that it work as he left plug out once and it worked . I haven't had in water yet to see. Does anyone know where it is mounted? I am thinking under the batteries as I have piece of wood running across the bottom where my batteries are, can't see anywhere in the open.

Thanks
get out a hose and run some water into the bilge. turn on key try switches if pump does not run on automatic.

I noticed light on switch was on this morning as I was charging battery. I could hear it some I turn switch off and on could hear the hum of motor , just hope it did not run all night like that? Not sure if that good for them? Not sure exactly where pump is sounds like in middle like in front of seats?

Live well pumps can be located under or behind seats, bilge pumps are located at the lowest part of the boat, close to the drain.

The bilge pump must be at the boat hull’s lowest section and at least 8 inches higher than the waterline. With medium to large vessels, they should have at least two bilge pumps located on the starboard and port sides to avoid flooding in emergencies.

A bilge pump needs to be at the rear of the boat! If you were hearing a hum mid ship it was most likely the battery charger not the pump. You should have at least one black plastic thru-hull fitting at the upper rear side of your boat. If your pump is not an automatic pump you will be able to hear the pump running from there. But as mentioned before simply add some water to the bilge and see if it pumps it out. Remember you will need the main power on and the bilge pump switch on for it to work.

I have a 1992 Nitro 190dc. The bilge pump is located under the board you described in the battery compartment. You'll likely have to move a battery or two to remove the board. Mine has a polyethylene board and is fastened down with stainless steel screws. You'll see a rubber hose attached to it and two wires. That is your bilge pump. I put a float switch on the bilge so that I can leave the master switch on. As soon as enough water enters the bilge, the switch activates and the bilge begins to pump.

My 1990 175TF had a plywood board as described above. Remove that and it'll be right there. Now to get to the livewell pumps, you'll have to remove the gas tank.

Latest posts

Back