bilge pump

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene Harper

Reaction score
im having troble locating the bilge pump on my 2006 nitro bay can anton tell where to look

I have a 2017 z19 sport and I found mine it’s almost right under the gas tank and won’t be able to get to it when it goes not sure why they would place it there

I have a 2013 Z7 Sport and as johnnnya states the bilge pump is located in the transom area just below the fuel tank. The location is poor as no way to clear the bilge pump if it gets clogged with debris without contorting a bit to reach underneath the fuel tank.

I have a 2005 nitro, mine is behind the fuel tank, towards the stern. Sits down in a small indented area but is accessible with a little stretching reach.

In my 1998 700, mine is in the bottom of the bilge right under the fuel tank. Had the old manual one replaced with an automatic one, just in case.

If the pump gets clogged, you may be able to clean it with a high-pressure stream of water from a hose. After removing the rear fuel tank on my 1993 Nitro, I added an automatic pump switch to the manual pump, and added a new automatic bilge pump as a backup. Since I was in a hurry to get the boat out, I left the rear tank out, and used the fuel fill as the discharge for the new pump. I strapped in a 3-gallon portable tank as a backup, and ran off the front tank. I may leave out the rear tank permanently – will save about150 lbs.

If the pump gets clogged, you may be able to clean it with a high-pressure stream of water from a hose. After removing the rear fuel tank on my 1993 Nitro, I added an automatic pump switch to the manual pump, and added a new automatic bilge pump as a backup. Since I was in a hurry to get the boat out, I left the rear tank out, and used the fuel fill as the discharge for the new pump. I strapped in a 3-gallon portable tank as a backup, and ran off the front tank. I may leave out the rear tank permanently – will save about150 lbs.
Thanks, love that idea about the fuel tank.

Latest posts

Back