Bilge Pump Replacement ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penhook

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1998 Nitro 185 fish and ski boat. The bilge pump does not seem to be pumping with any force . It could have some blockage . The live well pump does not seem to work at all. I have taken the trays out and can see the pumps in the bottom of the boat but have no idea now a human could get into the boat and reach the pumps to change them. Even if someone was small the way the rear compartment doors open would be a problem for them. Local shop said $100 and price of bilge to install one. I hate to pay that if I could figure out a way to do it myself. I am trying to save for a nice fish finder. I really don't know how they could get to them either. Really need some advice on this one.
Thanks,

I know I'd pay it, it isn't worth the hassle to me but I'd give them the pump I want put in and while you're at it, have an auto bilge switch installed too.

Did you ever figure out how to replace them? I am facing the same issue

Post picture of pump then (MAYBE) we can help. Some have a twist off the foundation others will require complete replacement. Look at all intakes for trash and if you can try back flush with water hose.

Latest posts

Back