big bass tx

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
I am preregistered for a big bass TX, they weigh in every hour and award the top five each hour. I am sure someone has a strategy for the "best" hour to weigh in your big fish, any thoughts? Luck plays a factor in winning an hourly weigh in, but figure there must be some method to the madness.

JP:blink:

I've seen quite a few of those out here in CA. Here is a sort of strategy. If you get one over 5 come in no matter what time of day it is. If you get one between 4 and 5 in the middle of the day come in if you get it in the morning, wait until middle of the day. If you get one between 2-4 early and the fishing is tough in your mind, come in. If the fishing isn't that hard, keep him in the well and try to get a bigger one. If it gets to mid-late in the day and you haven't caught a bigger one, come in. Always leave 2 hours to go out and catch a big one unless you have an over 5. If you have that, you come in at any hour. This is all dependant on the lake. Here in the Delta those weights work fine but if your are on a spotted bass lake, you might need to think in the same ranges but lower weights. It's just one idea. Others come in with anything over 3 lbs at any hour.

NoCAL

JP i fish alot of big bass tourneys here in Texas. The best advice for me to give you is to look at the past results (hourly and overall). One thing i have learned is that i have wasted more time going to the hourly weigh-ins. If you are catching fish then dont leave and try for bigger and bigger. Big bass tourneys are tough but alot of fun. Just remember when going to weigh-in it can cost you and hour or more off your fishing time so be sure to listen to the radio updates and past results and determin if and when you want to weigh your fish in. If its more than a one day tourney then i would just wait till the last hour to weigh my fish cause i want to try for the big one and i know that i have another day.

Latest posts

Back