BFL regional coming up for me

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Ingersoll

Reaction score
I've got a regional coming up this week on Kentucky Lake. I'm looking for revenge after the last one there. I had the bites, but because of some bad rod/line/lure combinations and lack of attention/bad hooksets, I wasn't able to put them in the boat. The lost fish cost me making the final day cut and I ended up barely getting a check.

I went this weekend to practice and froze my rear off. My first official decision for the tournament was to bring gloves, facemask, and more warm clothes, that morning run will get downright cold. I have a good primary pattern for big fish if the wind stays down and have 2 backup patterns, one I have a lot of confidence in that the wind can't hurt. I started practice with about 25 rods scattered around my boat and ended up with one primary and one secondary bait for each pattern and a wildcard topwater (because you never know-it is the fall). I'm going to spend the next couple days matching baits and fresh lines to the proper rods - because I'm not going to make the same mistakes I made before.

I'm also not practicing this week, but before anyone says anything, I had to go back to work. I was only able to take off enough time for the tournament. I would have liked to have one more day to expand on one of my patterns, but I feel I know the lake well enough that I can improvise if need be.

If I can figure out how to do it, I'll update from my cellphone each evening.

Good luck to you...

Man, I feel like I am running with the big dogs... You and Rob in the Regionals, Teri fishing the Classic... We have some talent here at NTOWS...

Good luck Bri. You know if it was LOZ I'd be more than happy to help you out.Sounds like to me you have got a good game plan worked out.And that is pretty much your home lake so you can make adjustments if need be.Just stick to your plan and hog em in.

Velcro I wish you the best. Wish I lived in an area that allowed me to fish all year long, much less tournaments! Keep livin the dream!

Randy!

Velco, stick it to them! I know how it feels to make mistakes. I felt great about my last tournament, felt prepared, and went out there and stunk it up. I could have salvaged the cut but missed 2 fish getting them to the boat. Heart breaking when it's your own fault. Hoping this week will be better for me. Good luck to you!

Velcro,

I just fished our Classic there this past weekend. I know first hand what the weather was like. Friday over 2 inches of rain and saturday 20+ mph winds with 2-3 ft waves.... We took off out of Sportsmans Marina and we ran all the way down to New Johnsonville (apprx. 80 miles each day) We were gettin bit good on the frog in the weeds and spinnerbaits just off the edge of the weeds. A buzzbait produced as well. We couldnt manage a limit on day 1 but our 2nd day we had a good 5 fish limit. There are good weeds just south of Paris around Bass Bay also but with the run we made, we didnt have time to fish them during the event. If your one of the Ledge guys, I know some good limits were taken there as well, but thats not what I do... I wish you luck, KY Lake is a great fishery....

Mike

Have a blast Velcro and keep us posted on your progress!

Latest posts

Back