best prop

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan jones

Reaction score
i have just purchased a 1800 tf.it has a 115 mariner. i would like what is the best all around prop. it came with a 22 quicksilver chopper prop. i got 49 mph on a small lake with it but it was terrible out of the hole. this prop has a very large diameter.it is almost as low as the bottom of the skeg. kinda scary. i've owned 5 or 6 boats up to 150 hp and this one is the worst out of the hole. my other boat is a 1991 arriva 1800 with a 150 merc with a laserII 21. it jumps out of the hole and will do 56 mph ,it weighs 2100 lbs. my 1800 tf weighs 1085 lbs. i hope i'm not asking too much to get my bass boat to come closer to the arriva's performance.the 1800 tf also came with a stock alloy prop,it planes good and will do 46 mph. all speeds measured with my lorance finder. also boat is in excellant condition. original owner took very good care of it and didn't use it that much. final info, the 150 prop has bigger hub,they will not interchange. this is a great site and have already gotten a lot of other info that i have passed on to some friends.i'm sure a few of you can help me out. thanks stan

Gee Stan if you think your new boat is terrible out of the hole, does this mean I have a chance of beating you to all the fish next year?

Oh....and after the Mohawk, I think I want Dave as my partner! LOL

Stan -

As I mentioned one or two posts down, I used to have a Nitro 180 with a 115 Merc and 24" Laser II - so I've got a pretty good idea as to what you're experiencing.......

Let me just say that there is no way that you can begin to compare the performance for a 115 to a 150 - the 150 is SO much more motor......

Top speed sounds about right.

Unless you actually time the holeshot, performance is very subjective. I think that a 22" prop is just about perfect - assuming that it isn't damaged in any way. Again, the torque of the 6-cylinder 150 and larger prop are going to pop you out of the hole MUCH more quickly under just about any circumstance than the 4-cylinder 115.

Enjoy!

me!

Stan,

I used to run a chopper prop on my 93 190 Tf 150 merc. It was horrible out of the hole, but once you got up and going LOOK OUT! The boat would fly! I do know that these are good speed props,but from my experience they aren't much out of the hole.

Tim

lots of good deals on props @Bassboat Central .com

check it out.

Bill Smith

lots of good deals on props @Bassboat Central .com

check it out.

Bill Smith

Latest posts

Back