Best placement for 3 in 1 ducer on NX 750

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought a new TI2 12 inch and looking to install this weekend. Looking and researching I've found a lot of guys running their transducers under the Motor transom having them bolted to the hull pad where the bilge drain is located also seen guys just mount it regularly directly off the back of the transom but nobody ever says if it was a correct location or how it turned out. Anybody can give me some in-site into this. Pic of my transom and areas in question included w post. Thanks.
nx750 transom NEW.jpg .jpg

In waters with sticks and stumps mounting where you have the small green cirlce, or the running surface, is a problem. Your mounts and transducer can and will get badly damaged at that level. The step section, where you have the transducer now- I have found to be pretty much trouble free. You will lose your signal at speed but I live with that to keep the equipment in tact. Also, if you run a setback jack of any kind you can do side image from the step cleanly where you marked the larger circle.

I've had had the opposite occur. Had the Helix XM9 transducer break off where the large circle was on a stump that wind pushed me into. Its now located under the step where the small circle is,

Mine is on the starboard side. Does that make a difference? What about adding one up front but thru the hull? I'm on my first depth finder so not sure exactly what is "best placement".

Though the hull, anywhere, won't work for down or side scan imaging with any equipment that I know about. 2D sonar can be done through the hull but placement is critcial- can't be any foam or air pockets under the transducer location.

Let me add- remember that you will move backward in the water from time to time either drifting or using reverse on your engine. In shallow water you can eaisly snag your transducer from the lowest level..

Back