Best braid@weightless flukes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brantley moats

Reaction score
Here on Clarks Hill the weightless zoom super fluke is king at certain times of year. CLEAR WATER LAKE. Using an open face spinning reel is my preferred method since a level wind of the quality required to throw a very light bait is quite costly.---IN YOUR EXPERIENCE---What type and weight braided line works best for ya'll on the afore mentioned reel?

Brantley

BPS doesnt make 35lb in Excel Braid. Use the 30!

Fluorocarbon line on a baitcaster works well with a Super Fluke and you don't need any special quality reel to use it. The fluorocarbon is denser/heavier which makes it cast light presentations better than a nylon mono or copolymer.

For a spinning reel, a 20# or 30# class superline works well, You have to consider the line diameter. The thicker the line is the more floatation and water resistance it has.

I prefer the Daiwa Samurai or Daiwa Saltiga due to the smaller diameter per pound test rating over other superlines.

Since I fish in timber a lot, I use the 40# rated Daiwa lines which are 6# mono equivelent diameter.

Latest posts

Back