Best boat cleaner and wax/polish?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Durham

Reaction score
I know this has went around a dozen or more times but here goes again.. Recommendations on the best cleaner (boat, carpet and seats) and the best wax/polish for my Nitro? My seats really need a deep cleaning. I usually clean them with my pressure washer (is this a good idea?). Thanks one and all for all the info...

Jeff:D

Bass Boat Saver to clean/wax/polish all in one easy step.

For seats, I definitely DO NOT recommend pressure washing them. Try a product called "Tuff Stuff" if you really need to deep scrub your carpets and / or seats. - http://www.autobarn.net/chas-192.html

I buy it from Autozone or Advance Auto most of the time, but at least you can see the can at this website.

All the best,

Glenn

Gotta line up with the BassBoatSaver.

Take it with you and use right after pulling out (use flashlight if you have to). Takes about ten minutes and the immediate off-water use is by far easier than after you get home.

For the carpet there is nothing better than a wet vac/ carpet cleaner machine. My X left one when she left and I used it to get a spot out and ended up doing all the carpet because I did not know how dirty it was until I cleaned that spot? The carpet is gray on my boat? I had know idea how dirty it was.

BF

I agree Bass Boat Saver for the seat and fiberglass. www.bassboatsaver.com

For the carpet I've had good luck with half vinegar, half water solution. Scrub it in with a stiff brush and rinse it out. The carpet will stand up like new.

Just so everyone is aware I am the Virginia and East Coast Pro Staff rep for Bass Boat Saver, any question that you may have feel free to ask away. I have turned several of the Nitro Board members on to this stuff and they will swear by it. KennyB, Carlos III, Toxic, I guess maybe I should use some other names as references!!:lol: But they love it.

Note Bass Boat Saver is an all in one product. It cleans, waxes, and UV protects in one shot. I recommend that the first time you use it spray it directly on the boat, after that just spray it on a damp rag as per the instructions and wibe away!!

Gunny,

What type of Wax is in the product? How much wax is left behind (on the surface)?

SHould this be used on top of or instead of a paste wax?

Does it need to be used on a pre-cleaned surface or will it take off a dry scum line?

What happens if it dries before I get to wipe it off (say on a hot day and i've missed a spot).

How does it compare to "Bass Boat Clean & Shine " from Kick'n Bass ??

Gunny - OK as a new 'glass boat owner, how does it work and why is it better or worse then say a mix of vinegar and water? I washed/cleaned my Tracker down twice in 5.5 years, and i'm hating the maintenance of a 'glass boat, so how does it help??

Wipe the boat down every outing? ... geez :wacko: Seems a little compulsive. I wash mine 3 or 4 times a year and wax it probably twice a year with Meguires brand glass wax. Looks great after 5 years.

I've always used Protec, but by the posts I seem to be the minority.:(

Is there something I'm missing out on?

I use Mequire's Flagship twice a year and use Bass Boat Saver in between. I can't recommend a good vinal cleaner for you, but after you get them clean, just use bass boat saver on them and they will stay looking great. I agree with the above posts on the carpet with the white vinegar and water. It truly will make your carpet look like new. Also, when you get your carpet perfectly clean, spray it down good with scotchguard. This will keep you from having future stains, like spilled coffee, sodas, etc.

Hope this helps!

Velcro,

I have the Protech also. JR from the board turned me onto the BBS a while ago as a gift to try out. Well, the main diffrence is that the protech is not exactly a wax or a polymer and you would have to reapply with the buffer, rag etc. Another diffrence with BBS is that it is in a liquid form that you spray on a rag or the boat and then wipe off, you can then buff it if you want for an even better shine. Takes nowhere the elbow grease that the Protech does. In addition, I have a wrapped boat and this stuff will not take a layer of the paint off as it is just a protective type wax. My wrap looks almsot as good as the day Mac sold me the boat. (a few added dings that has nothing to do with the BBS) Also works really good at gettign the scum line off the boat when you pull out and the more you use it, the more slick it becomes.

Carlos

Great questions guys here goes. BBS as the same base that McQuires does. I used to use McQuires but now have 0 use of it. Why take the 4 hours it requires to do the boat when I can do a better job in 20 minutes. McQuires does not UV protect you boat, and you cannot use it on your seats, windshield, it does not clean it just shines. BBS will take the scum line off your boat whether it is wet or dry. Now scum lines that have actually stained your white hull will require alittle more work. Protech, McQuires, Purple stuff, are all great products, but they just don't do what Bass Boat Saver will do. It will even take blood stains out of your carpet!!!! I like to fish and I like my boat to look nice, but I hate spending 4 hours doing it. If that is what you want to do, then by all means. If you want the same results in less then 20 minutes check us out. www.bassboatsaver.com

BBS has a base wax of carnuba wax! It doesn't leave a streak, or a build up that you can see on your hull. Warrning, if you use BBS on your boat and then step on the rails.......Your butt is going on the ground!!! Your boat will never be slicker!! If you would like to see what other people think go to the bass boat central website and just ask them!! It also works on water spots as well as vingar and water or ducky, which I used to use also.

Chris - They sell it direct and ship it from www.bassboatsaver.com (I was just checking the site).

I ordered the BBS 2 nights ago and it showed up today. wow fast shipping.

I have had my BBF for a couple of months ut other than trying it on a spot I had not been up to using it on the boat. Whe the kids were here for Christmas they came up with the idea to postpone thier trip to the Jacvk Daniels Distillery and help me clean ans winterize the boat. It had not been cleanned sine we took delivery of it and it was filthy inside and out because it took a month to get the cover and we have many trees and leaves. The nine and twelve year old girls did most of he cleaning while thier dad and I did the service work. They had the whole thing clean, including the interior by the tim we got done. We helped them a little with the hull while they were vacumning the carpet but the whole cleaning job was pretty fast and a lot easier than I had anticipated. BBS s great IMHO so far.

jdj

Latest posts

Back