Best $100 Rod...??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
Won my P.D. bass tourney yesterday...matter of fact, I was in a zone and put a huge whoopin on the rest of the participants...(I don't get hot very often so I gotta blow my own horn...!!LOL).

Walked away with $250, which shrank quickly to a hundred after buying a few "cocktails" for some of the boys after the event.

So I'm left with a hundred bones and in need of a new spinning rod after breaking one of mine in the tournament yesterday (got stuck under a cleat).

I currently use the BPS Bionic Blades, like em...don't necessarily love em though, bought em cause they are a good rod for the money. I'm looking to upgrade now and have a hundred bucks to spend. So....

Opinions Please....

Come to my store and see me....I'll show you a few in that range, and will throw in a discount as well.

Congrats on the win!!! Can't recommend a good spinning rod though, just don't use them enough.

I love the BPS pro qualifiers, but I think I would have to take Ken up on his offer.

Ditto what Velcro says. Sounds like Ken can get you a bit of a better rod than BPS at or near the same price!

Thats cool Ken...what time do you open..?? I'll try to swing by after work in the AM this week. I'm headed up north this Saturday for 12 days in the land of the giant Smallmouth...it'll be a cool break in for the new rod.

If your coming up here, for the smallies I love the Team Daiwa L & T Dropshot rod. The loomis' are sweet too but they are out of your range. good luck!

sketti...when I say up north, I mean northern Michigan...I'm already above you in s/e Michigan. "Up North" is a term we Michiganders use when we are headed upstate. Thanks for the info though.

I bought a Berkley Series One spinning rod at Walmart for $100 (I think) and I love it more than my St Croix.....but Ken will probably hook ya up with something better.

Put a few dollars with it and get a Shimano Crucial...or a Falcon Lowrider.

Congrat's Smitty!!! That's cool......i knew you were psyched up for that tourney after you told me about it when we went fishing a couple weeks ago. Deffinitely take Ken up on his offer,....he'll hook you up!! I need to get over to see him this weekend too...I haven't seen the numbnut in a couple weeks!! LOL..

Have fun on your vacation,....and Ken,..I'll seeya sometime this weekend!!;)

Mac

I would suggest the St.Croix Avid's, they may be slightly over $100, but with Ken's discount plan you should be able to get one.

Buzz

Ken...I'll be in friday mid afternoon...c'ya then.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone...I'll give a full report when I return from vacation.

Mac..lets hook up again when I get back. Thanks for th congrats on my little tourney win..we had a ball. Lake Orion has got some toads in there..my 5 fish sack was anchored by a 6 pounder. I'm waiting on the photos, I will post them as soon as I get em.

Falcon Lowrider is a really good one. However, ever since I bought a B&R Outlaw rod, I swore I never would buy any other rod. Lightweight, extremely sensitive, and made with the same components such as Fuji reel seat, Fuji Alconite guides, the same as G-Loomis and other high end rod makers use. I will put them up against anything out there regardless of price. Check them out at www.broutlawrods.com

Smitty,..you got a 6lb'r in Orion? :blink: You @$@#$@,...now I'm pist..:p..I'm still hunting for a 6 this summer!! We deffinitely have to go out again asap!! Holler when you get back....we'll go out and look for a 6 and a 6.1!! :rolleyes: LOL

Talk to ya soon bro,

Mac

There are those of that the best 100 dollar rod would be 4 25 dollar rods.:D

Latest posts

Back