Bent spindle / axle

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mebassn

Reaction score
I appear to have a bent spindle, the right tire is wearing on the outside just as the previous tire prior to rotating. Before i go and buy a new axle, can the spindle be replaced by itself? Second, what would be the price on a new axle for a 1999 NX882 with or without springs and brake assemblies

Thank You

Eric

Eric -

Some time ago, I suggested that it might be possible to "bend the axle" to cure the alignment problem the way it is done on over-the-road trucks. Never heard back from anyone whether they had tried it or not and I don't know myself if it can be done on a boat trailer.

On over-the-road trucks they actually bend the supports for the front axle assemblies to align the wheels; there are no shims or anything like that. Try calling a dealership in your area (Freightliner, Peterbilt, Volvo, Mack, etc.) and ask the Service Manager if it can be done.

Good Luck!

me!

**UPDATE** After further investigation, i might have a bent rim instead of a bent spindle, the tire is wearing on the outside in certain areas. I have had a bent axle before and found wear on the inside of the tire. Now next question, who makes the rims for the NX882 trailer, my rims are the chrome blade kind, I think they are made by US Wheel but have no website to look at www.uswheel.com is the link but no joy.

Thanks in advance

Eric Howe

Eric,

I ordered a spare tire and rim that matched the wheels that came on my 882 from overton's. It had a goodyear tire and the rim was an match I think i paid about $130.00 for it.

Last boat was exactly like yours and ended up with a spare wheel. The tire on it isn't worth a hoot, but the rim is brand new (used once as a spare by a buddy with the same rig). Shoot me an e-mail and we can make a deal....I just want to get this thing out of my garage.

Adam, i'm going to take my tire/rim to the local tire guy to have him balance it, if it's bent i will send an e-mail, thanks for the offer

Eric Howe

Latest posts

Back