Battery Type Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mebassn

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to buy some new trolling barreries and was looking at the gel cell type. Who makes the better brand? I went to West Marine and was looking at the SeaGel brand in group 27. They are $178.00 each. I have a 24v trolling motor with 82 lbs of thrust, now i don't want to blow the bank and i don't want flooded wet cell batteries. Please point me in the right correction.

Thank You

Eric H.

Eric, I would step up too the group 31 series insuring longer hours on the water. Especially if you are running 80+ lbs of thrust. I just replaced mine with the regular cell West Marine Battieries, in the 31 series for $90.00 a peice. So Far So Good mine is 12/24 Motorguide

Mark

Thanks for the info Mark. After I posted this, i did a little more research on batteries and found that Gel batteries take a little more "care" than a regular battery so buying a different charger and all else that goes with that are out (wife also said no way). I'm going to step up into a group 31 battery but don't know which brand is better than the other, Looking at Diehard trolling or the Interstate Optima line, haven't found a price on the Interstate line yet but still looking.

whatever you do DONT BUY EVERTROLL, guy i work with had gone through 4 sets this year alone.... either the charger goes out or the cell goes dead.

Latest posts

Back