Battery Life

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark barton

Reaction score
I have a question on battery set up. I am running a Terravo I pilot and Lowarnce HDMi off the front of my boat. I have two batteries on board right now. Is there anyway to rig something up to get longer battery life for the electronics on the front of my boat? Thanks

How do you have it wired now? 2 batteries for trolling motor and one starting battery? Is your electronics all on the starting battery and its leaving you dead not able to start. You haven't given us much to go on. BUT if they are all on the starting battery, then you need a MUCH bigger starting battery to run all that plus have enough reserve to start the motor. You don't won't your electronics on the trolling motor battery due to interference unless you compensate for it. What outboard do you have on this boat?

I have two batteries, the staring and the trolling motor battery. I have nothing else hooked up to the starting battery. What I was wondering is there a way to add a third battery and also attach the trolling motor and fish finder to both of those batteries. Thanks

Again, you really don't want fish finders on the same battery as the trolling motor battery because of interference but if it doesn't bother you then no problem. If you want to add an extra battery and connect it to the current trolling motor battery (along with your electronics/fish finders) then wire it this way to continue to get 12 volts for a longer period of time. Don't do ANYTHING with the starting battery.

12v_parallel.png

Thanks for your help. I am assuming they are on the same battery. I have a Nitro NX750 and it has a plug on the bow for the trolling motor and the power for the fish finder is thread through the same area. Do they make a connector to connect two batteries if I want to run them parallel?

And remember, your best battery in a parallel wiring is only as good as the worst battery.

cq

Latest posts

Back