Batteries / 36 Volts and Motor Batt

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Members,

This is my first year storing my bass boat outside ... should I remove my 36 volts set up ... all 3 batteries and 3 bank charger and motor battery? Because of freezing weather !!! And keep all batteries on a charger during the winter.

Thx Anthony

Do you keep your boat outside all winter? If so, you may want to bring them in to a semi-warm area (e. g., garage). Ideally, you would want to keep the batteries on a maintainer of some sort. Your charger should have a maintain or 'trickle' mode. It probably transitions to it automatically.

If your boat is in Washington DC, not much difference in the weather in DC and in N.KY near Cincinnati where I am. I have never brought my batteries in, keep them hooked to a good charger that switches to maintenance automatically like John B said and never had a problem. By the way we bought the boat new in 2005, so I feel like I am doing something right.

My boat sits in our unheated barn/garage. Batteries stay in the boat and are charge maintained, the car as well.
Too dang heavy and no need to remove.
Vic
image0.jpeg

Thx for the feedback ... saves me a load of work of having to pull up my front deck and pulling 4 batteries ... sometimes the weather is really mild in this area ... What about winterizing the motor or juz leave it ... or the whole 9 yards with spraying the carbs, spark plugs housing, anti-freeze, etc.???

I do winterize but haven't fogged in years. Lube service (engine oil & filter and lower unit), greased appropriate areas with marine grease, ensure all water is out of livewell, check battery cable connections and fuel treatment. The fuel treatment is added to the tank prior to my last trip, during the fillup. I use Sta-Bil Marine treatment.
Mercury Dockline | How to Winterize Your Outboard | Mercury Marine

Vic

Latest posts

Back