BassPro/ Tracker review.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sie805

Reaction score
I hate to write this as I am not the type of person to ***** or write bad reviews. However, enough is enough and its time people are warned about the incompetence of BassPro and Tracker sales/service. I bought a brand new 2020 Tracker Targa V19 Combo Tournament Edition from BassPro. Along with the purchase I upgraded and purchased the following options: Upgraded 200hp Mercury Pro XS with DTS (Digital Throttle and Steer), Mercury Pro Kicker 9.9hp, upgraded DTS kicker motor controls (the salesman said this meant both motors were controlled by the same controller and function was transferred back and forth via the push of a button with no manual cables involved), full enclosure top and upgraded premium boat cover. The deal was cash payment without financing and as a promotion, BassPro includes a $650 gift card and 10% off everything for a year VIP card.

To start with, BassPro gave me a written quote and charged 3 hours labor for installing the options. I left to look at a couple other boats and ultimately decided to return to BassPro and buy the Targa 2 hours later. With the written quote in my hand, the salesman said they had made a mistake and they would now have to charge me 5 hours of labor to install the options. It took 45 minutes and getting a manager involved for them to honor their original written quote. I ordered the boat in May and was told 4-6 weeks for delivery. 9 weeks later the boat came in, but they still did not have the kicker motor installation kit, the full enclosure, the boat cover, the gift card had not been delivered (via email) and the ski pole that came with my boat was “given to a different customer” who picked their boat up earlier in the day. I told them I would pick up the boat as is and would bring it back when all the other parts had arrived.

4 Months later, after multiple phone calls, finally I’m told my parts have all come in. Their excuse for the delay was “everything was on back order”….. apparently even the gift card. I take the boat to them with an appointment for the corrected “5 hour” installation of all the parts. As an apology, they said they were also going to do a 20 hour service on the Pro XS complimentary. (Mercury calls for a 100 hour service but Tracker recommends a 20 hour service to ensure there are no indications of pending problems. It’s a motor and lower end oil change.) Miraculously, as I’m questioning them about my gift card which I still had not received, I finally get an email for my gift card. They also explained there was no such thing as DTS for the 9.9 kicker and they had sold me an $1800 upgrade I didn’t need. Also, the kicker would be controlled via a separate controller that uses manual cables, and the cover still had not come in. I had them cancel the $1245 cover. They said they would need some time to refund the “DTS” kicker control and the cover. 9 days later, after multiple calls, they explain the kicker motor was done, but they could not install the full enclosure because not all the parts came in, and the ski pole still had not arrived. They explained the delay was because one of their technicians had retired and others quit leaving them with only one technician. When I went to pick up the boat, they said they forgot to do the 20 hour service because nobody put it on the work order. They also sold me the VesselView Mobile and told me it would Bluetooth to my Helix 7 graphs to show me motor functions (apparently this is incorrect and it will only link to phones and tablets with the app).

So here we are, over 6 months later, BassPro/ Tracker still owe me a ski pole that came with my boat, the full enclosure, over $2,000 in refund and a “complimentary” 20 hour service. As for the boat and items I have received, they are great and I am very happy with their performance. Hopefully some of you find this helpful and if you do end up doing business with them you know what you could be in for.

I have a friend who used to work for BPS, part-time for many years. Because of my poor customer experience at BPS store in Denham Springs, La., I drove to Warsaw MO. to buy my Z-18, even though I live 10 miles from the store here in the Baton Rouge area. Pro's Choice Marine, in MO. sells more Nitro Boats than any other dealership in the country. This said, what I learned from my inside contact is that BPS has stopped letting the Boat sales department folks earn any commission on boat sales. They are all just hourly employees, many of whom just don't care if they sell or service anything or not. For example, when I went in to purchase my boat, BPS, Boat sales management couldn't have cared less about making a sale much less making some changes on the boat for me. BPS here rigs boats in advance in a way the keeps price low- I wanted the Fortrex motor and management told me I would have to buy the one on the boat ANDpurchase the Fortrex as well. I talked to somebody up the line in Managementand they promised that they would take care of it and would call me back- they didn't. That's when I drove to Warsaw and bought my boat. I'm sure it's not like this everywhere but that's the truth here....

I need to chime in on this thread..........I went to BPS here in So Cal just to look at the 2018 Tracker 175 TF that i had in mind because in my last visit to Fla I saw one there and liked the setup. They did not have one and said it was a boat that is popular on the East coast. So i found a private dealer here in So Cal who made me a deal that I could not resist.....I bought it. But before I did I went back to BPS and and told them of the deal to see if they would like to match it or make me a better deal. They said they could not mess with the price, sorry. It seemed the salespeople there just did not give a s**t. I understand that the base price for Tracker boats is set by them nationwide, but there are ways to work around that if you want the business.
Ps........love that boat

TommyP

I ordered a butt seat on July 2 this year, was told it would be 4 weeks to get it , called the Nitro/Tracker center in Cin. Oh where i ordered this morning, the seat is in, 4 months to make it ,now i was told it is being shipped to me via FED EX, i can expect it in 3 to 7 business days. I live less than 2 hours from the Nitro/Tracker parts and service center. Yeah these delays are happening across the country. I ordered a drill from Home Depot in Florence, Ky on Oct 12, it shipped same day from Luckey, OH ( 2 and half hours from Florence, Ky Home Depot). It arrived in Monroe , Oh (about 1 and half hours from Floence, Ky) on Oct 14. The tracking show it will be delivered to Florence Ky Home Depot on Oct !9. Another delivery being made by FED EX. Again , I am 3 hours from Luckey , Oh, and a delivery being made by FED EX is taking 7 days.

I bought mine from BassPro in Manteca, CA. I think you guys are right on the money with the commission aspect. Making a sale isn't important to them. They get paid the same either way.

@ Savage It's mind boggling how "efficient" the shipping can be sometimes.

Latest posts

Back