Bass Tracker Fuel Line Help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fort8313

Reaction score
I have a 2004 16’ Bass Tracker with a 25 HP Merc 2 stroke motor. I’m having an issue with it and I’m hoping you guys may have some suggestions.

I’m having issues with my primer bulb losing prime. If I pump the bulb while I’m running the motor it’ll run fine. If I don’t it acts like it runs out of gas of dies. If I repump the bulb it’ll start right back up fine. I’m replacing the fuel line from the motor back to the deck where the fuel line connects, assuming I have a small air leak somewhere. The issue is, whoever owned this boat before me just cut the old fuel line and clamped it onto the “Moeller” connector that goes thru the deck of the boat, which connects with a short hose to the tank connector. Using a clamp on this odd shaped connector is not a great seal. I’d like to have the actual connector that’s made for this type of plug, but I can’t figure out what it’s called. I need a fuel line, with a bulb, from this weird connector to a Merc motor. I’ll attach a picture below of the connector.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 3DBC3606-EC96-4530-BED2-42EFFC165ADF.jpeg
    3DBC3606-EC96-4530-BED2-42EFFC165ADF.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 24
  • C4F87332-9F95-46B0-93EF-1A11A4E16F97.jpeg
    C4F87332-9F95-46B0-93EF-1A11A4E16F97.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 22
get rid of the connector and the short hose go thru the hole with the hose straight to the fuel tank. dont worry about wear on the hose . your going to have to replace the hose and bulb every couple of years. or maybe you have a bad fuel pump.

It looks like the male half of a quick coupler. I doubt the gas pump produces enough pressure to seal it. I agree with Olefisherman456.

That connector is a bulkhead fuel connector it has a nipple on both ends. The fuel line on the other side could be the problem or the connector at the tank. If the tank has a quick connect fitting on it that could be the problem also. You got to go by process of elimination. the hose should be first, then any connectors. If the motor has one that could be sucking air also. Then the fuel pump.

Thanks guys. I’m going to try to go straight to the tank. The tank and short hose are using threaded connectors of some sort with hose clamps, and that hose looks like a bigger diameter. It’s hard to see them in the location they’re in. I’ll post back if I have issues.

The photo that you have of the connector is made for a hose to be fitted directly on it. I've attached a photo of a similar connector from NAPA.

Attachments

• Fuel Line Stub Connector.gif
    Fuel Line Stub Connector.gif
    493.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back