Bass Pro Shops, Baltimore MD- ?Questions?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spanky P

Reaction score
Guys,

I'll be going down there next Saturday. I hope it will be worth the drive. I have my wish list ready. If any of you guys were there, are the prices close to catalog prices and comparable to Wally World? The catalog worm selection at Bass Pro I never thought was that hot. Some years ago I felt it was better. Does the shop carry a bigger and better worm selection? Do they have a marine section? I think I would like to put a power pedistal and butt seat on my rear deck. Would like to pick up a new black light for night fishing. I guess I don't know what I expect to see or have no idea how big Bass Pro Shop Baltimore really is. Thanks for your help.

Well, I was at the Baltimore BPS on the first day that they opened. The prices were on line with other retailers and they will match any other store's current price. As for catalog vs. store, what few times that I have been able to go to a BPS, I take my catalog with me. If I found a catalog price cheaper, they gave me the catalog price. They, by far, have a larger selection of just about anything fishing/boating/hunting related items than your neighborhood Wally World or K-Mart.

They do have a large marine/boat section

I live in Western PA (Johnstown) and it was worth the 4 hour trip. If you are going down next Saturday, there is a big bass fishing/boating show at the Maryland State Fair grounds. If you are interested in that show, e-mail me and I'll send you the site for more information.

Brian (Spanky) Feist

Johnstown

Spanky,...every store I've been into so far, (Detroit, Springfield, and Cinci) ALL have had a MUCH better selection than what's in the catalog....the catalog only features the best sellers of a limited number of their various products, so you'll be very impressed with what you'll find in person! The stores prices are usually the same as the catalog and quite often "less" due to sales and promotions etc. You'll never pay more in the stores..it will be the same,..or less! And as far as comparing prices and selection to Wallyworld,...there is no comparison!! WW may be slightly cheaper on a few incidental items,..but the quantity and selection available at BPS is 2nd to none!!

Good luck shopping and have fun,....BTW, you might want to take a snow shovel with you "just in case!"..LOL

Regards,

Mac

Spanky, when I first went to the BPS in Cincy I darn near had to get oxygen I was so overwhelmed. LOL. The stores are beautiful and geared to the outdoor folks of America. Use the catalog to make a list of items you want to get. This will help you establish a budget. Remember to add an extra $100 to the budget for the things you didn't know you needed until you got there.

Bear

Did anyone else notice that this years BPS and Cabella's catalogs have less pages than last year? I also get a West Marine (we have one in Indy) and an Overton's catalog for the marine stuff. BPS has some specialty catalogs you can get also that expand on the stuff in the master catalog.

Spanky,

Before you buy the butt seat and pedestal, call Craig, he's my Parts guy at the BPS in Detroit...he has some on clearance REAL cheap...248-333-0997.

My first trip to the Gurnee IL store was a five hour "experience"...no dollars recorded...but my rewards card is worth more than my retirement account!!!!

I used the fish tank as a teaching tool for my 19 yr old who suddenly got it when he saw the fish relating to the structure...much better example than the minnows hugging the net...

IMHO BP is a great organization that truly "caters" to its constituency...I can only hope that they continue...

Bear

Thanx Bear....look for more new store location announcements soon....

Spanky, I made the trip from Jersey to the MD store two months ago and it was worth the trip! Seeing the the boats and catalog 'stuff' come to life is A-ok! Warm up your credit card and checkbook because I'm sure you'll put them to use!!!!! Enjoy! Mike L.

Latest posts

Back