Bass pro No Haggle Hassle

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody Farris

Reaction score
Bass Pro and Nitro advertise the No Haggle Hassle, are they firm on their prices or can you actually still bargain with them on the price some?

From my knowledge and experience. The price is the price! (Unfortunately). That is, of course, unless it is on sale!!! LOL

You can do a little better on a non-current year model, but if it is a current model year the price is usually the price. I have heard of guys getting a little off a current model if they found some scratches or dings, but that is it.

HP

Went I got my Z7 in 09, I received a 750.00 BPS gift card and three night stay in Vegas

I have a tracker boat, but one thing I'll never agree with the company about is that STUPID no haggle hassle BS. I don't make a lot of money and if I hadn't really searched and found a deal, I'd probably be in another cheaper boat. Tracker and Nitro are nice boats, bar none....,but a guy wants to feel like he won the bargain in a boat deal. I'd guess they lose a lot of business on this one. Did mine this year trying to deal on a prior year model Z8. If my opinion counted, I'd tell them to change it. I guess it doesn't though since they continue it year after year even with my online survey suggestions!!!:D

When I bought my Targa....The dealer gave me a big discount on the extras..including the warrenty.

Lot of companies set the retail price for their dealers..thermo pedic mattress...g loomis rod..

Etc

Rick

the point behind the no hassle pricing is so one deal cannot under cut another. No matter where you go, whether it's a private dealer or a Bass Pro, you will get the same price. Tracker has always offered the best prices around, so how can you wheel and deal on a price that is already rock bottom??

I have been working with Tracker for over 10 years, and once people see the boats and compare them to others, 9 out of 10 times they come back. There is a reason why they have been the #1 selling boat for as long as they have been.

If anyone has any other questions on the pricing or on any boats feel free to email me. Or if you are in the New England area and looking to buy, I would be more than happy to help you out.

http://www.usamarineinc.com/

Same here, discounts on accessories. Nitro and Tracker boats are at some very good prices right now without haggleing.

Gene

I'd be willing to bet getting any deals on options or discounts more than what they are offering now is gonna be hard. Heck now you can get a 20% off card at bass pro good for 2 years. There prices are already the lowest around.

True BMCD, BUT the restrictions on that 20% off card are pretty extensive.

If its the same card that the pro staff guys get, then its 20% off Bass Pro name products. So just about anything you like, Bass Pro has something comperable. A lot of their hooks are made by gami, ect. They buy in bulk and put the bass pro name on them.So don't be fooled into thinking they are any less of a quality product.

P.S.

Use it to get BPS 100mph rain gear. You won't be sorry.

Yeah i have learned how to save lots with mine, I buy bass pro merchandise, rods and reels. Browning, Redhead, xps, basspro, ww sportsman and a few others are in that group. I believe the VIP card is also good for 10% off everything else. It does help.

I've been away for a few days and I read the responses on this topic. I found them interesting, but the deal seems to remain...No Haggle, No Hassle. I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but I'm going to express my POV. This is just how I see it as a private boater trying to make a boat purchase on a yearly income of $45,000. You can take it however you want. Look at what you get in buying incentives...20%off merchandise. I ask, what is the mark up or profit percentage on this gear already...and is Tracker/BassPro really losing anything by giving you this? Anyone want to list the restrictions...Guessing you have to buy BPS merchandise??? I'm sure they are still making profit or at bear minimum pulling MSRP and moving merchandise. Not to mention, we all as buyers are now advertisers for their gear. Its a win win for them. Not saying thats terrible, just not the picture you would think about when imagining how great a deal your getting as a buyer. You're still spending more money with them. Goal #1 of producers/ suppliers.

On the boat prices...If they are already rock bottom, why are Nitros for instance as much as $6-9000 off right now? I hear they are making the boats per order now to save costs, but with the "rock bottom pricing" I'm sure they aren't losing money for the boats rolling off the line. Even with $9000 off they are still making plenty of profit money, so why couldn't these prices be negotiable? If they were losing money, you could add them to the auto makers list for bankrupt. Sure, they don't want to undercut other dealers, keeps the dealers up and going all over the country. Point being...are we protecting buyers or dealers...and WHO really provides the funds to keep the company going around, again buyers or dealers? Yes, no doubt, they are nice boats we are in, but they cost us plenty. Some of us don't make six figures and fish tournaments and these boats are dream boats we save our whole lives for. Add the costs to truck, cars, house payments, etc. its nearly impossible. Wouldn't it be nice to feel like you got a deal and still be able to be in your dream boat?

I base my opinion on what I've dealt with buying boats. I traveled from Colorado to Tenn. to buy a Tracker. The No Haggle, No hassle price difference was 23,500 compared to 18,500 without tax for out of state purchase. Time and gas about $1000 and bingo. Same boat, better deal by $4000 overall. I went out and found my deal. Just recently I tried to buy a 2009 prior year Z8. Was given the special, "No Haggle, No hassle" boat show price of $36,800. Priced to move???...check the 2010 Nitro website, I can buy the Z8 with the 250proXS with basic options cheaper. Reality is that dealers and manufacturers are trying to make money, the more they make the better. If its advertised "No haggle, No hassle" they are guaranteed to make so much each, and Tracker essentially protects its dealers. I'm not saying thats bad, but when it really comes to rock bottom prices...the buyer could do better and the dealers could give more. The point is that "no haggle no hassle" scares people away. I have several buddies that are in others boats because the Tracker dealer wouldn't budge on prices and they got fed up dealing with it. I'm not trying to hurt feelings or offend people, just how I see it. They could do better without the slogan for themselves and buyers. Just my $.02

Well, I doubt I'll change anything anyway. The point is NOT that the products are not quality and as buyers we don't believe in them. The problem is just as what has been mentioned in previous posts...you can fix in profit for the seller/manufacturer at a set price....OR the profit amount can be negotiated via how much the buyer/dealer negotiate. I like having a say in how my hand is played. Is no haggle, no hassle firm...I guess so. Do I like it and thinks its the best way of doing business...no, I think tracker could do better.

As a buyer, I want to work at making my boat deal the best I can make it for me personally so I pay the least amount for the most gain.

As a dealer, I'm looking to make a sale and hell yeah I like No Haggle, No Hassle...Same pay for me with no negotiations...less work for me and guaranteed profit. Its simple...and sounds that ways for all involved...is it really though???

Latest posts

Back