Bass Pro Combo Rod/Reel for $69.95

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass Caldwell2

Reaction score
Every year during the Bass Pro Classic they sale a rod/reel combo for around $70. This year they are selling an Extreme EX for $70 and claming it retails for $169 but they only sale it during the Classic so I'm not sure if it's worth $169. Last year they sold one called the Viper. I use several of their combos: Rick Clunn, Pro Qualifiers, Extremes and like them.

Have any of you seen the combo this year yet or have any insight on the quality of the combo? Our sale doesn't start until this weekend in Dallas.

Cass from TN

The only combo I would go with is the extreme rod (60 million mod)/ extreme reel.

Most of other combos have a different name on the rod (extreme EX or extreme something) and have been pretty cheap rods (heavy, no sensitivity, or weird actions) The real extreme combo used to sale for $99, but I think has gone up to $119, and is well worth it.

I saw the combo this past weekend in Orlando and for $69.99 it hard to beat. It aint a Loomis, but I am telling you the reel is almost identical to the Extreme's. For that price you cant go wrong.

Mini

Latest posts

Back