Bass boat newbie

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 10 year old son loves to fish so I decided to get a bass boat that I can pass along to him. I pray he keeps his head straight and continues to love hunting and fishing as he grows though his teenage years. We have a lot to learn about fishing from a Bass boat.

if its a glass boat trim the motor down to start then trim up as the boat comes on plane.trim up til the steering stops pulling and the boat will go straight no hands.to any one getting a glass boat for the first time i say the either go fast or dead slow not much in between.i really like my nitro and will probably never replace it.

Welcome. Don't worry... keep spending that time with him. They come back to their roots

My 10 year old son loves to fish so I decided to get a bass boat that I can pass along to him. I pray he keeps his head straight and continues to love hunting and fishing as he grows though his teenage years. We have a lot to learn about fishing from a Bass boat.
Sounds like you gave him a great start getting him outdoors and into hunting and fishing. Most likely will stay with him throughout his life. You’ll have a life long father and son bond.

Perfect age, stay with it and I'm sure he will. Dad took us starting around 8yrs old for me and 51 years later I'm still hooked. Good luck with the new boat and best wishes for you and yours sharing time together, its what it is all about!

Latest posts

Back