Basketball over Fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
I had planned to get to the lake today BUT my son's high school, Edmond Santa Fe, has advanced to the state 6A basketball championship which is being played at 3:15 today up in Tulsa so my son and his friends and I are heading to Tulsa.

We beat the favorite, Putnam City HS, yesterday in the semi-final. I watched it on TV and it was without a doubt the most exciting game I have ever seen. The lead changed back and forth throughout the entire game then in the forth quarter we pulled up to a 6 point lead. With less than a minute Putnam City nailed two 3 pointers in a row to tie it up. After that both teams took their turns at the freethrow line. Finally with about 6 seconds on the clock and the game tied we inbound, take the ball through heavy pressure and from just inside the key he throws up almost in desperation and drains it just as the buzzer goes off. I was yelling so loud that neighbors 6 doors down must have thought I was getting a beating from my wife.

Today we will play Bartlesville, a small town north of Tulsa. It's our first trip to the championship and HOPEFULLY our first championship trophy.

Wish us luck!!

Harpo

GOOD LUCK HARPO & LITTLE HARPO!!! Watch out for that hearyt old timer:) Don't forget to let us know what happens.

Bill

Good luck guys.

That's the best and only reason I've heard not to fish. LOL

Mark

Go Harpos! Good luck and I'll bet your hoarse tonight!

Let us know!

Barb

WE WON!! WE WON!!!

40 to 37

Very low scoring game, tough defense on both sides and the rim seemed about 2 inches too small but we led through most of the game and hung on for the victory. Yes I'm hoarse and yes I'm proud. Our football team has been defeated in the final game for the last two years so it's extreamly nice to finish one. The best thing is, every starter on the team is a Junior so they'll all be back next year.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Harpo

Congrats on the win! See Harpo, trophies come from everywhere! Make sure you put this one on your wall!

Barb

Congrats on the win! :) It's always good to see the kids excel.

Latest posts

Back