Bank charger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGZ7

Reaction score
Hello, looking to replace the guest 8 amp 2 bank charger on my Z7 as it is the original that came with the boat. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Just curious... Has it quit working? If not, Why replace it? I don't recommend NOCO.. They have a bad habit of losing a bank in about 3 years. Non-repairable. I have a 2 bank Dual pro that is 21 years old and still going strong and a 3 bank BassPro charger that is 8 years old on my all electric boat. In my Nitro I replaced the bad NOCO with a MinnKota 315D.

I replaced an old Minn Kota, non working 2 bank with a Minn Kota 315d. Had to drill a couple of screw holes to mount it as it is bigger but otherwise a piece of cake. I purchased mine on Amazon. I upgraded for piece of mind. Now I know all 3 batteries are fully charged when I go out.

When you replace the battery Charger get a minimum 10amp charger per bank. Have had a NOCO 3 bank charger for 9 years now. Minn Kota is also a good charger. Check for the warranty no the chargers. Also use a manual charger 2 to 3 times a year to fully charge the deep cycle batteries.

Thanks for all the info guys. This is what my Guest charger looks like when I pulled it off.

Attachments

• 7256C27A-352E-48FD-8871-250109878D1D.jpeg
    7256C27A-352E-48FD-8871-250109878D1D.jpeg
    442.2 KB · Views: 31
I have an American made 3-bank charger … can’t remember the name… but this is the 3rd boat it’s been on. The MFG date is 1997 and it’s still going strong. In fact, the company (still in business) is so “open” with their products, that they’ll even provide schematics. I’ll take a look next time I’m in the garage.

Latest posts

Back