Back from the Trip (lot's of Pic's may load slow)

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~libra
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK gang, back and TIRED from the guided trip. I could write a book about this trip, but that would give away all the good secret's I learned. Here are the highlights with pictures:

First Bass of the day - BEKA!

Beka%20Spot.jpg

She got it while doodling a pumkinseed worm in about 20 feet of water over a road bed. I got ZERO in that spot. Then the guide got a call about a huge school of Stripers nearby and asked us if we wanted to try for the big fish, we said SURE. Got them on Live bait and trolling umbrella rigs. MAN after a little over an hour we boated 10 stripers the biggest was 25 inches long, and yes guess who got the 2 biggest ones...
Beka%202%20stripers.jpg

OK, I did get the biggest Spotted bass. I learned a lot about finnese worm fishing (man was I fishing too fast and pulling the worm up of the bottom way to far) and docks. He took me to some of his favorite spots that he said will heat up in about 2 weeks when the water hits the 60 mark and said to come back to those anytime. He also helped me learn a lot about how to read my fish finder and how to mark structure (i.e. brush piles in the middle of the lake) and how to use a marker bouy!

All in all a great trip, lots of fish caught and released and a few Stripers for the dinner table. Best part is Beka wants to start Striper fishing!
Mike%20Spot%20and%20Striper.jpg

Beka - You Go, Girl!

Michael - Doesn't look like you did too badly yourself! (Don't be too hard on yourself..... Jeanne outfishes Rich all the time, too! Must be sumpthin' about those women in Gaw-ja!)

me!

Way to go guy (and gal)!!! Looks like you had a good time. You just moved up a notch on the angler board.

Good job Trep! I knew you'd both have a ball. A great guide with good equipment and a willing party will always have a good time. Congrats again on a job well done!

Dan - You were right about Mac's (Mac Farr's boat) I thought he still had the 20ft Skeeter. The 23ft bay boat with that QUIET 225hp Honda 4 stroke was a sweet boat.

Told Beka that's what I want when I retire (or earlier if she'll let me!)

Beka liked trolling with the umbrella rigs, so we're going to order a couple from Mac and then she told me I could put 2 rod/reel combo's on my "wish list" for up comming anniversary, fathers day and birthday. The ones Mac used he said were about $100 total (had a NICE line counter built into the reel, so you know when the baits were 100ft behind the boat!)

Sam and Scott - Thanks guys, had a great time and if the weather didn't STINK right now (50's and rain) i'd have her back on the water.

Scott - She's gone from the frying pan into the fire, so to speak. Burns are healing fine, no blistering, she's just got left about a quarter sized red spot on her foot.

But at 10:55am Friday she was in a car accident, she got hit t-boned (car hit her dead on the driver's side between the back door and the rear tire, 99 Honda Oddyessy) she Had Noah with her luckily on the other side middle row seat. She's just got some whiplash and neck soreness, and the little guy is 100% OK. The Honda on the otherhand is in the shop, won't know will Monday what the damage is, it was not drivable. We're heading out soon on a trip to Cleveland (and Gander Mountain store) for a week at her brothers, and my saving grace for 2 long days with the boys was the VCR/TV in the van. Now we're going to be heading up in my Wagon w/no TV.

So, hopefully she'll be back on her feet on Monday when I go back to work, but I know it'll be weeks or a month till the van is back.

Thanks for the concern Scott!

Oh, man..... That HURTS! Believe me, I know! Ten years ago, while I was making a left turn through an innersection in a Taurus, a guy in a van loaded with plumbing supplies ran the light and hit me in the nose at a 45 degree angle. Destroyed the Taurus. I never had any idea what true pain whiplash could be until then..... Badly sprained my neck and back; ruptured the C5-C6 disc so badly that I had to have the vertebrae fused. I was in severe pain for a long time.....

I hope and pray that Beka fares far better.....

Get her a bouquet of flowers! She deserves them!

me

I hope she's okay TrepMan, my wife had about the same thing happen 3 years ago. And she still has some pains from it. Our prays are with you all!

Mike

Thanks gang, she went thru one a lot worse then this about 7 years ago (hit from behind, she was stopped and the other driver never braked and hit her at 45mph). She's still a little sore but should be OK. Right now while I catch up on work, she's scanning the BPS catalog for a trolling rod and reel (with built in line counter!)!

Glad that the family is A-OK!! Have Beka Check out the Gold Cup combo in the catalogue. IM6 Gold Cup Rod, 320 size reel w/ built-in line counter, perfect striper trolling rig, $89. Off to Potomac River in a few hours. You all be good and stay well!

Dan J - That is EXACTLY the combo she's looking at, AND it's on sale $79.00 in the catalog AND $10 off my first order out of the catalog, so she can get it for $69 plus Tax/Shipping! YEA!

Scott - Nope dude, her only sister is in her late 30's and married.

See now you did it Trep, probably created a monster! She's gonna out fish ya every time now! Looks like a great trip. Never caught a striper myself. They look like a blast!

Back