Back from the Classic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
Well I made it back from attending my first "Classic". It was awesome!! We got to meet several of the pros and my daughter racked up on free stuff and autographs. The highlight was Skeet Reese and Mike Iaconelli, She even got an autograph from Chris Lane. Bass put on an excellent show and it was so fan friendly! Got to take a demo ride in a Z8 with 250pro x/s, damn that thing was fast and smooth. It was a little cold at 70mph with the air temp 38. Shreveport was a cool city too, we had some great food while we were there and everyone was very hospitable. Have any of you guys seen the new Hummingbird 360 sonar? It look pretty neat. That's my story, I'm out:D

Sounds like a fun trip. Ive never been but want to someday.

Now that I'm back in Texas, I have missed both of the Red River Classics. However, I got to experience the Charlotte/Lake Wylie Classic in total when it was there. BASS put's on a great event - and you generally don't have to go to a WalMart store to enjoy it (sorry, couldn't resist the back handed slap).

I watched the coverage for Day 1 and 2 this weekend, and have the final day recorded. As usual, I think BASS does a bang up job on the coverage without requiring an angler to wear a boat anchor while they fish.

One of the 'rules' that I really wish they would look at changing, is the requirement that they 'hand land' each fish (no nets allowed). I would prefer that they have a net rule that addressed the material used in the net (least impact to the fish); size opening and handle length. But that's me.

Their 'show' is simply the best.

I know that we will never see a Classic on Lake Fork (too remote and simply too far from DFW to be effective - and the pro's wouldn't like the slot limit), but that would really be something to see.

Glad you and your daughter had a great time.

Tex

Tex the slap stung a little bit because I'm a WalMart store Manager.Jokes aside did either of you guys take a boat or do the coliseum event? I really agree with letting the guys have a net in the boat. I saw a article a few weeks ago were Clunn disagreed with the no net rule. He said this was done for TV purposes only. To make the TV shows more exciting. Ive been to the others in our store parking lots and it seems like the Bass event are more fan friendly. I plan being a Marshall on Douglass this year. I'm a fan of the sport and being a Marshall seems like a front row seat. I like your ideas.

Tex,

I hope you recorded to 2 shows after it because you had to watch about 45 min of college gymnastics before they got to the Classic 3rd day. Luckily I telecommuted today so I stayed up and watched it last night. And I bumped my recording accordingly:p

TOXIC

Yeah, found the same thing last night. I'll have to re-record it to get the complete coverage. I only watched about 20 minutes or so last night.

When I attended in Charlotte, my wife and I went for the 2nd day Weigh-In - the whole process. Certainly there was some 'down time', but for the most part they had plenty of 'stuff' going on for the fans to enjoy.

Like a lot of others, there are things that WalMart does that bother me, but I still shop there routinely. Far more 'good' than 'bad'.

Tex

Latest posts

Back