BACK FROM North Carolina

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Hey ALL!, I'm Back from North Carolina,

It's kinda late so I will try and summarize the entire trip/purchase,

I have been driving for 10 hours so my grammar may be a bit worse than usual.

Left Friday morning cash in hand, (yeah I know) with my brother to NC, felt safer with the wife and boys in NJ.

On my way down I called my wife and told her to call the seller, time for some dectective work!. We asked for the HIN# & Reg.# of boat & trailer. She then called the NC DNR who confirmed he was the only current owner, make model, year address & NO LIEN's oustanding. The DNR said the man did have a titile at one time and that if he needed a copy it was very easy to obtain at the nearest DNR. The trailer was also confrimed to in his name with no recorded liens.

She then called him back and said, you do have a title, he said "OH, maybe I do, well I will check at the bank in my safety deposit box, if not there I will go to the DNR it is only 20 minutes away. An hour later he called and had located the title.

The man called very two hours to check our progress on the trip down. As we got closer he gave us directions to Lake James we met checked out the boat and went for a tests drive. During the test drive he left my brother at the launch while I went in the boat with him, my brother had his truck, keys and trailer. Complete stranger gave him all that plus access to his stuff in the truck? "We ain't in NJ anymore". Anyway at that point I felt much more comfortable about the transaction. We agreed to meet athe hotel the next morning to make the transaction and be on our way.

At the hotel then man provided me with the following:

Boat Title (with relaesed lien)

Trailer title or certificate of orgin

Regeistration for Trailer & Boat (he gave to me, not a copy)

Insurance cert.

Bill of sale

and gave me his drivers Lic. to write all info.

and said I could use the trailer plate back to NJ.

When he counted the money, he used a marker on a sample of the bills to see if they were counterfiet. At that point I asked him if I reminded him of the Sopranos and he smiled and said

Yes!, very much. LOL

Anyway, I made it home.

I am not in the clear yet, I still need to register in NJ and hopefully the boat is a good one.

Everywhere we drove and stopped people commented on what a nice boat it was, got many thumbs up on the road home. pretty cool.

The HEMI 2500 got.

16.9 MPG @ 70mph on the way down, and 13.5 in tow back to NJ. SWEET

I will keep you all posted of my progress in the paperwork process.

Heres a picture

Chris

488 small.jpg

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the new boat. I guess pretty soon, we're going to have to change the name of this site to NTROWS.;)

Still looking for the picture.

Harpo

Ahhhhh, there's the picture. Sweet looking boat, very sweet.

Harpo

I would also like to add that, North Carolina is just as Humid as NJ, they have really good Fish & Chips and HUSH PUPPIES. :)

Oh Yeah, Virginia, to long WAYYYYYYYYY to long of a state

I had to jump over to Google Maps to see how far NC is from NJ. Not as far as I would have guessed. How many miles was it?

Harpo

That's a pretty good highway run in anybody's book. Lot's of coffee and M&M's.

Harpo

Way to go Chris! That's a sharp looking rig and hopefully, all of the registration process will go ok. Ahhh, another one to the dark side..:)

Bill

I just went back and took another look. That's really a great lookin' boat Chris!!

Wow :eek: Sweet ride Chris! You're still welcome in my little 175 any day.

You will like her,,,,Congrats...JR Like I said before sharp colors......:)

Chris.. I'm glad all went well for you... nice looking ride

Come down this way again and we'll go play somewhere.

KB

Not a Problem, I hope all goes well with It.................JR

Sweet lookin' tub Chris !!!

Glad everything went off without a hitch.

Steve

Change your name to "Monk":lol::lol:

Nice rig CJ...glad you finally got it worked out....Now get that Ranger out there and use it!:p

Very nice Chris. Glad that the trip was 'un-eventfull' for you.

Great looking rig. Lake James is where they shot quite a bit of the movie - "Last of the Mohicans". Nice area.

Tex

Chris - WOW what a HUGE butt boat!!! LOL Looks good from what I can see at night. But from a 175 to a HUGE Ranger with a big boat!!! Enjoy, drive safe, and fish hard!!

Trep, Actually that picture is dark, I lightned it up a little, must be the "dark side" thing.

I think now you can get a better idea of the color, it's not that much bigger than the 185, it's small compared to my buddies 522 Ranger.

488 NC Small.jpg

Chris - I forgot, which model, engine and such?? Driving on a tandom axle trailer it LOOKS huge!!!

I see it looks like it NEEDS a keelshield!! And I like the built in ladder!

At that point I asked him if I reminded him of the Sopranos and he smiled and said

Yes!, very much. LOL

What! He's never seen the Blues Brothers?!!? :lol::p:p:lol:

Sweet ride, Chris! Really, really sweet!

Congratulations!

me!

What are we going to talk about now that Chris bought a boat???:eek:

;)Harpo

Welcome to the family!

You know there is NO going back right? LOL

Trep,

Sorry maybe I forgot to say the model, it's a 488VS Ranger, 200HP Evinrude Vindicator, the boat is 20'3", Beam is 90". It didn't look like it had a keel sheild to me either, but it does it just happens to be the exact color if the hull. It's not perfect either it's got a couple fishing scars but after a couple trips into the flooded timber it will have a LOT more. LOL

Harpo, I got plenty to talk about I'm always complaining about something anyway.

ME, It was very funny when I asked him about the Sopranos LOL, I did have my glasses on and my gold chain with crucifix was also visible.

Rob, we need to talk about those dang COOL Hubs, one of them leaked a little oil on the way home, never got hot to the touch.

CJL

Oh BTW - Still don't undersatnd the Monkey Boat thing?

Trep, The tandem axle trailer was awesome, I could not beleive the difference in ride and no bounce vs. the lighter trailer, I think the Dodge 2500 was beating up the the PT 185 Trailer because it had no give over the bumps. I never trailer a boat with brakes before, I liked it very much.

CJL

It was very funny when I asked him about the Sopranos LOL, I did have my glasses on and my gold chain with crucifix was also visible.

I was just watching Pulp Fiction the other night..... :lol::lol::lol:

ME,

Then you can picture me and my brother fighting over the last hush puppy (we don't have then in NJ), and how I was not paying for his beers! LOL, the natives were looking at us. :unsure:

Chris, don't you have Long John Silvers or Red Lobster in NJ? They will have hush puppies. If not I'll send you some.

Harpo

Hey Chris, I don't remember if you told us how old the new boat is but maybe you can fosh the new Ranger Owners Tournament. I caught a brief bit of it on tv this morning so I don;t know a lot.

Bill

Ya know, Chris..... You've got too good a sense of humor to be an Accounting type! :lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back