Back from Canada

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene B

Reaction score
We had a very brief stay in Canada last week. About an hour to be exact. :angry:

The 2 pastors from Guatemala didn't have their visa's in order and were asked to leave the country. We ended up fishing and staying on Brevoort lake in the upper penninsula. We had a great time and did get enough fish to eat everyday, but it was s l o w. I took a little damage to my gel-coat too. We got some terrible wind and waves on Wednesday afternoon. The 3/8" nylon rope I tied to the dock with, rubbed all the way through and caused the boat to clip a kicker motor on the boat beside mine and it raked up and down on a cut off post at the dock. The scrapes are mostly in the clear surface above the flake and 1 chip out of the white. They are a little too deep to sand out though.

In an effort to save $ we raised the deductible to $1,000.00 so it looks like I'll be doing this job myself. I'll post photo's and get advice in another post. The scratches in the flake area would probobly disapear with a little clear nail polish, but I'd like a little more proper repair I think.

Gene

Ouch. Your boat is a looker and well worth the repair. Get it done before all of the mojo leaks out!! I had mine tethered to a dock on Champlain when it got nasty and it was hitting the dock so hard it transferred the rubber from the bumper to the boat.

TOXIC

Thanks, I love the colors of this boat.

It roughed up the rub rail back behind the passenger seat too. That's minor though.

Gene