avoided problems thanks to this site

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Gregan

Reaction score
Although I don't post many messages on this board I still find the questions and advice very informative and worth the reading. I probably avoided two major problems because of the help and advice posted. I had an impeller replaced (after reading about it on this website) in the water pump of my outboard (7 years old) and just replaced the pull cord on the trolling motor, both of which would have probably "broke" the day I launched the boat in Canada. Justed wanted to say thanks to the people on this site for the info and advice. As a first time boat owner I have learned alot from the people on this site.

Glad you got good info. We have a pretty good cross section of users. Actually I am sitting in the airport in NY waiting for a flight!! LOL!!

TOXIC

Something else we need to keep in our boats...a piece of wire for cleaning out the pee hole on your motors.

I just had my impeller replaced and was not happy when I got to Dale only to find out it wasn't flowing any better than before I took it in. Took a broken spinnerbait wire and jiggled it around and WHAM! That baby's pissin' like a new motor;)

Not sure it actually needed one...and the dumass bent the cavitation plate all to $h!+.

He hasn't heard from me yet:angry:

No I carry some flexible aluminum wire that will work for anything.

Glad you have the inclination to ask. There are some good folks here.

Yep, dirt dobbers can get in there somehow and block the pee-hole up, weed eater line is good for this. The impeller still pumps, but you just don't feel good not seeing the water stream.

When my boat is parked in the shop, I have a piece of blue tape I keep over the bilge outlet and a piece of weedeater line that stays in the pee hole. When I leave, I tape the line to an old file cabinet and reuse.

I agree lots of great tips and good people on here.

shouldnt the water come out both sides of the engine? mine only comes out 1 side. it seems I remember after replacing the lower unit it was coming out both sides for a season or two....:unsure:

I can't recall ever seeing a boat peeing in two directions; but then again, I'm not the most observant guy in the world.

Latest posts

Back